FZ1 bars

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
I just finished installing my new FZ1 bars and Oxford heated grips. I didn't know that the FZ6 bar ends did not match the 2006 FZ1 bars. Plus, all FZ1 bar ends on ebay are compatible with the FZ6 :confused:

The brake lever cannot be turned downwards either. It can only be fixed at a horizontal position, which is not convenient. I don't get it...I'll be looking at it again tomorrow morning since I am out of daylight now. In the meantime, does anyone have an idea about these two issues?

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ1 bars are different between years? My 2005 bar ends screwed right in to a 2008 bar.

To rotate the brake lower, I loosened the banjo bolt a tiny bit so I could twist the brake line out of the way. You might need to bleed the brakes after doing it depending if an air bubble makes its way in while you're doing it.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ1 bars are different between years? My 2005 bar ends screwed right in to a 2008 bar.

To rotate the brake lower, I loosened the banjo bolt a tiny bit so I could twist the brake line out of the way. You might need to bleed the brakes after doing it depending if an air bubble makes its way in while you're doing it.

I'm going downstairs to check again. I hope I won't be feeling stupid when I come back :scared:

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Sawblade, the bars have no threads in, so the bar ends cannot be screwed in....? WTF? Shouldn't this bar have a threaded surface inside?

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i had the same problem with the stock bars. When i crashed i bent the bars, so i unscrewed the bar ends and put the new bar on and the throttle side was closed, i thought it was me, so I called the dealer and told them the problem, it wound up being their error, so they took the bar from a showroom bike.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeeah, most probably. And I just saw them after I finished the installation, whicm means they are not new now. Which means I won't be exhanging them....Bad luck...thanks for the info.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site

Well, at least this was sorted out. I loosened it just a bit so I could twist the line. Now I'll be talking to the dealer about the bar ends....thanks

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd suggest ebay or a local bike shop for those. You can use any universal 7/8" bar end you want since they aren't threaded.