FZ-1 Bars w/ Rhino Bar Ends

Squiz

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a technical question for those of you with FZ-1 bars. I just converted from clip-on's and I'd like to use my existing Rhino Moto Bar-end mirrors/plugs. The inner threads don't line up with my new FZ-1 bars, but I found the below link. I've e-mailed Rhino, but can't seem to get a response.

Does anyone have this setup or can confirm (before purchase) that these will work and ensure a solid fit?

http://www.e-securedsite.com/RHINOM...ts&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=

Thanks! :thumbup:

ReapeR

Reaction score
Visit site
yes, that should work. they are designed so when you tighten them the splined end goes up to the rubber/plastic and makes it expand to the bar. the only prob ive had on 4wheeler hand guards with that is if it gets tightened to much, when you try to take it back off they dont wana come loose. so just dont over tighten it.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the Rhino bar ends, but I've got a '06 FZ1 bar. I'd advise you to get a '06 bar before trying these out. Yeah, it's about twice the money, but the whole purpose behind the Rhino bar ends is that they're secure (or more secure than the twist-to-tighten things like this).

Do you know what year FZ1 bar you have? And Rhino was GREAT for me when I had questions before ordering. I'd try and follow up or see if they have a phone number first.

Squiz

Reaction score
Visit site
Per our last discussion via PM, you indicated the 2006 bars were a perfect fit with the Rhino bar-ends. When I requested my bars, I indicated I needed a 2006 bar. When they arrived, the inner bar-end threads were much wider than my current Heli-Bar setup. Hence the adapter kit I now need.

So, what size do I buy:
.525-.575
.575-.625

I'm going to call Yamaha this morning and hopefully they can shed some light. If not, I'm off to ACE Hardware!

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Per our last discussion via PM, you indicated the 2006 bars were a perfect fit with the Rhino bar-ends. When I requested my bars, I indicated I needed a 2006 bar. When they arrived, the inner bar-end threads were much wider than my current Heli-Bar setup. Hence the adapter kit I now need.

So, what size do I buy:
.525-.575
.575-.625

I'm going to call Yamaha this morning and hopefully they can shed some light. If not, I'm off to ACE Hardware!

Hmm...I'd forgotten about that conversation. That's odd, as I was told here that the '06 bar would work, I ordered and received a '06 bar from my local dealership, and the bar ends I got from Rhino were for the '06 FZ1 (and FZ6, actually...the threads were the same).

I honestly have no idea what size you'd need. Give me a bit and I'll look back through my email and see if I can find the correspondence I had with Rhino...maybe that will give me a clue as to what the problem could be.

I'll be back...:thumbup:

*edit* Ok, here's exactly what I got. Maybe the SKU will help to determine what bar ends you have (if you still have the purchase receipt from them)" SKU: 150-0100 FZ1/FZ6 mirror mount bar ends http://www.e-securedsite.com/RHINOM...rFor=&collection=4|Barend Sliders and Mirrors

Last edited:

Squiz

Reaction score
Visit site
M16 sounds correct, but I have M6 due to the threads in my current Heli-Bars. I believe the conversion I need to buy from Rhino will work just fine and I can confirm M16 at the local hardware store.

What you have is different from what I've got. Ok, finally getting somewhere.

THANKS! :thumbup:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
M16 sounds correct, but I have M6 due to the threads in my current Heli-Bars. I believe the conversion I need to buy from Rhino will work just fine and I can confirm M16 at the local hardware store.

What you have is different from what I've got. Ok, finally getting somewhere.

THANKS! :thumbup:

Hey, no problem! Hopefully you can get it ironed out soon! Glad I could help a little. :thumbup:

Squiz

Reaction score
Visit site
Man, I just can't say enough good things about Rhino Moto, their customer service and quality of their products! They are allowing me the option to return my M6 threaded bar ends for the M16 that fit with the factory FZ6 and FZ1 bars after owning them for over a year. Send'em back with a check for the difference and done!

Awesome! I'll post pics after the install which I hope takes place here in the near future. ;)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Squiz - I was wondering what happened to you. . . Last I saw you "here" was after we dropped the fleebay throttle body on the bike!

Good to see you're still out there!

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
yes, that should work. they are designed so when you tighten them the splined end goes up to the rubber/plastic and makes it expand to the bar. the only prob ive had on 4wheeler hand guards with that is if it gets tightened to much, when you try to take it back off they dont wana come loose. so just dont over tighten it.

What am I missing - how will those inserts work at all on OEM bar ends which have a threaded insert welded into the bars end (Stock FZ6/FZ1 bars)?

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
What am I missing - how will those inserts work at all on OEM bar ends which have a threaded insert welded into the bars end (Stock FZ6/FZ1 bars)?

They are a wedge style but that is barely smaller then the threads for the oem bar ends, as you tighten it up it expands gripping the threads, just like a wedge bolt...or at least that's what I'm assuming it is how he described it, my bar end mirrors have the same style fastener to hold them to the bars, basically it's like a universal fit for most 7/8 bars

Last edited:

Squiz

Reaction score
Visit site
Squiz - I was wondering what happened to you. . . Last I saw you "here" was after we dropped the fleebay throttle body on the bike!

Good to see you're still out there!

Likewise! Unfortunately I've been dormant, busy with work and focusing my attention on my four wheel vehicle. I'm finally in a position to change up my bars and prep the bike for spring/summer riding. I need new tires and a few other things. As I recall it, I still owe you a beer! :thumbup:

The throttle body has been superb! I rode to Sacramento and back this past summer...she just hums as she should! :D

How the heck are you?

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
They are a wedge style but that is barely smaller then the threads for the oem bar ends, as you tighten it up it expands gripping the threads, just like a wedge bolt...or at least that's what I'm assuming it is how he described it, my bar end mirrors have the same style fastener to hold them to the bars, basically it's like a universal fit for most 7/8 bars

But the FZ1 bars have the welded insert for the OEM bar ends. Kinda puts the kibosh on 7/8" parts fitting.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Likewise! Unfortunately I've been dormant, busy with work and focusing my attention on my four wheel vehicle. I'm finally in a position to change up my bars and prep the bike for spring/summer riding. I need new tires and a few other things. As I recall it, I still owe you a beer! :thumbup:

The throttle body has been superb! I rode to Sacramento and back this past summer...she just hums as she should! :D

How the heck are you?

4 months later ~ FP stumbles upon an old thread! :welcome:

Good! and ya, a Beer sounds fine to me. . .
Lets see how long this sits now. . . :popcorn:

Squiz

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently paid a visit to Walking Man Brewing Co. after a round of golf in Stevenson Washington just off SR-14. The road was fun in my car and I can only imagine how she’d be with the FZ. Thinking we need to ride out there sometime in the near future.

I’ll be buying tires this month and once broken in, I will organize a ride on the forum. I’ll shoot you a PM too!

Matt-

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I recently paid a visit to Walking Man Brewing Co. after a round of golf in Stevenson Washington just off SR-14. The road was fun in my car and I can only imagine how she’d be with the FZ. Thinking we need to ride out there sometime in the near future.

I’ll be buying tires this month and once broken in, I will organize a ride on the forum. I’ll shoot you a PM too!

Matt-

Impressive! Say Day response! Crazy ahead of me in that regard! Sounds Good!