FZ-07 coming to US

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
What is the deal with the bronze engine parts?

They started that on the Vmax, always found it pretty ugly, can't believe they are starting this trend on the whole range!

i like that touch. on the FZ07 its not overdone and i think looks class. or whatever. it adds some nice aesthetic value for my taste

it is a great looking bike imho

Looks are so subjective though. I think the FZ07 and FZ09 are light years better looking than the FZ6.

subjective indeed! "light years better looking" is putting it out there a bit imo. i have noted they are more modern looking for lack of a better term. the FZ6 looks sort of chunky in places compare to these new Yamaha's and other more modern design. which one might expect from a bike whose design originates back to the early 2000's. Yamaha really did nothing over the years to move the design and styling forward, but its not a bad looking bike. on the contrary i think its fairly handsome and sort of hot rod and looks sort of timeless naked. just has a few dated touches that can be ironed out

that said they could bring it back, replacing the underachieving FZ6r. they can sleek it up, sharpen up the styling, and have another smart looking bike in the line-up

doubt they will, however. but i do want a bike with some presence in front from them. just a bikini faring is fine, if nothing else

Last edited:

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Total Agreement!

I personally don't see the FZ6 ever coming back. It will just become a fond memory along with the first CB750, RD400 and Interceptor 500. High revving 600's will rule the the tracks and squid bars but I don't see it as a standard street ride anymore. High torque super light and inexpensive bikes like the 07and 09 will rule the standard market... for the near future anyway.

apparently Honda is still at it. i mean they could have built a different bike, i would think. they are Honda Motor Company, and this is their new, fresh out of the wrapper middleweight sport bike, I4 and all

honda-cbr650f-18_600x0w.jpg

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Re: Total Agreement!

I like the CBR 650. Naked bikes are not new they are actually the oldest form of motorcycle style. Naked was losing popularity up until squids started crashing there sport bikes and not putting the bodywork back on.

But really I don't care if it a "28" Indian, FZ09 or a New Goldwing I like them all.

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
i hear you there. i mean cruisers and "standards" have long been naked. i suppose they used to be called motorcycles but now all must have its own category

while nakeds of course are not new i do think there are new nakeds, and they look it. the frames, swing arms, etc, are more sculpted. at least at Yamaha

Yamaha's "just a motorcycle" middleweight then

sprzedam-yamaha-fz6-motocykl-naked-2051-d-0.jpg

Yamaha's "just a motorcycle" middleweight today

2015%20FZ07%20Grey.png

they come from different era's it would seem, but both look equally....appealing imo

and like you i just like bikes, and naked ones in particular. but i still want a bikini faring such as on my S2 ;)

Last edited:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ6 isn't a bad looking bike, I just really don't like the tail section.

The undertail exhaust was one of the coolest looking unique feature I liked about my FZ6, makes the bike very balanced looking side to side without some huge can on the right side only that your boots melt onto and you burn your leg on.

JayyVee

IT Overlord
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I was too cool for school when I posted my FZ07 thread a week or so ago.. ;)

I like the looks of the FZ07, indeed the entire line right now looks great imho. It's hard to compare a FZ6 and FZ07 as they are totally different bikes, they share an upright 'standard' riding position, and that seems about it to me..

I will have to check one out once they hit the market here in the US. I suspect the 09 is a bit too much for me at this 'novice' stage, and the 08 had a short run, hard to find them (I hear their suspension was a bit better than the 09?).

Plus, I still want a half-fairing or full fairing bike to break wind.. Aftermarket I hope, will provide this as they also provided fairings for FZ6's.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The undertail exhaust was one of the coolest looking unique feature I liked about my FZ6, makes the bike very balanced looking side to side without some huge can on the right side only that your boots melt onto and you burn your leg on.
+1 I LOVE undertail exhausts

I guess I was too cool for school when I posted my FZ07 thread a week or so ago.. ;)

I like the looks of the FZ07, indeed the entire line right now looks great imho. It's hard to compare a FZ6 and FZ07 as they are totally different bikes, they share an upright 'standard' riding position, and that seems about it to me..

I will have to check one out once they hit the market here in the US. I suspect the 09 is a bit too much for me at this 'novice' stage, and the 08 had a short run, hard to find them (I hear their suspension was a bit better than the 09?).

Plus, I still want a half-fairing or full fairing bike to break wind.. Aftermarket I hope, will provide this as they also provided fairings for FZ6's.
Yeah, I'm eager to see the faired version of the FZ09 coming out

JayyVee

IT Overlord
Reaction score
Visit site

That was one of the aesthetic draws for me as well. A tucked exhaust - +1. I was also looking at vfr800's for the same reason, riding each once from varying friends pretty much helped make the decision tho.

I think it also makes the bike look meaner, but tastes do diverge and I understand the other side of the coin for some riders.

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
the underseat exhaust is badass imo. i immediately liked it and think it gives the bike a muscular look along with the bulbous tank

in my casual experience with bikes i thought only more exotic bikes had those, or supersports and what not. so when i found a bike i could actually consider buying had a nice one i was very happy

looks great imo

Burt2707

Reaction score
Visit site
If the fz07 take off like the 09 did I don't see the point of keeping the 6R on the shelve that much longer IMO.

More HP, **** load more torque and about 60 lbs lighter. Everything the FZ6R should have been at first place!

I can see the 07 be a perfect little touring bike once well equipped. If the gas tank is big enough to go within 200 miles reach... I might even get one and sell the 6R.

In Australia the 6R is a learner approved bike. That is, no more than 660cc with a power to weight ratio of no more than 150KW/T. That power to weight actually has 90kg added to the bikes dry weight to account for rider, gear and fluids (funnily enough the electric bikes get the same 90kgs, and size of rider does not matter)... the 7 will not fit into that category...

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
In Australia the 6R is a learner approved bike. That is, no more than 660cc with a power to weight ratio of no more than 150KW/T. That power to weight actually has 90kg added to the bikes dry weight to account for rider, gear and fluids (funnily enough the electric bikes get the same 90kgs, and size of rider does not matter)... the 7 will not fit into that category...
ya, you guys get screw over there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk