Funny white stuff?

Mister93Johnson

Reaction score
Visit site
So, I'm probably being a complete pillock here, but I'm just checking.

This white muck keeps appearing all over the front end (clocks, faring and windscreen) of my bike. My initial thought was that there was something flying up from the mud guard, but its clean. then i saw a massive white area next to my ignition. It re appears after i clean it?

Pictures attached.

thanks,
adam

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Had to look pillock up, my friend calls me that all the time, just in english terms!!:rolleyes: DH!

Re the white goo, did you spray white lithium grease down the ignition barrel at all?

Whats it smell like? (grease, etc?)

Last edited:

Mister93Johnson

Reaction score
Visit site
I did spray GT-85 to try and smoothen out the ignition a bit, as it is horrifically stiff. That's probably a good shout actually! :rolleyes:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen coolant system additives dry white. You might just look over the radiator, hoses, tank and all that. Dip some out and let it dry on the black surface. Does it dry white?

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
I did spray GT-85 to try and smoothen out the ignition a bit, as it is horrifically stiff. That's probably a good shout actually! :rolleyes:

related, i find it turns easier if you wiggle the key slightly as you turn it

some silicone grease or acf50 down the lock helps too

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll check the coolant and I've got some acf so I'll defonatly give it a go. Cheers guys

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

You need to follow the trail, as white as it is, it shouldn't be hard to find where the inital spot its coming from..:thumbup:

Does the stuff you sprayed down the ignition barrel dry white? There is a drain in the buttom of the ignition switch.

I just looked at my bike, its right behind the lower end of the ignition switch and while underway, air flowing thru there would likely pull any liquids in the switch out and sprayed about (as is yours)

Last edited:

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
I had something like this on 2 of my fazers both times it was more of a brown rust colour. It turned out to be the head race bearings were shot and water was cycling through the bearings picking up the rust colour and drying under the bottom triple tree and around the front of the tank

this was just my experience of unknown marks on the bike. hopefully you find the issue