Funny how things change...btw it's gone

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
THE DEAL
Well, in early 2008 I bought my FZ6, this being my 4th year, I sold it. When I first bought it, my wife was sooooooo pissed, but when I sold it, she was so upset that she cried. I was just surprised how things get turned around. She was like "it's just a motorcycle, I don't even know why I am getting upset" I reassured her that the buyer was a simple casual rider and that this would be his first street bike. So the nice thing is I will still see it in town. I will probably ride with the guy soon when he gets better experience. I will miss it, and I would of kept it, but Jessica will not learn to ride and I am not going to force her.

What's Next
"I suspect in the next couple months the FZ1 is my next bike no doubt about it"........that didn't happend I ended up test riding a few cruisers for fun and found something I found better for my interest. I bought a Road Star Silverado for like 1500 out of pocket with 6500 miles. Let's see how long it takes for you guys to figure it out :D

I learned a lot of things from my first bike and what to look for on my next one. I know what I will do for my next bike and what I wont do on my next bike. I know what works best and what doesn't. That fact that I can test ride them now makes it much better too. Anyone interested in getting an FZ6 should not have doubts about the actual bike if it's in good condition. Dirk/Krid has road his into the ground and still rides it today. They are tough and they will withstand a lot. All my information about my bike will remain, I still get a lot of questions about the things I have done to it, so feel free to ask. Not like im going anywhere. Anyway, I just want thank the Forum for all the help I received modding the F*** out of my bike. Have a good one!

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Good to hear that your masterpiece will still be local and going to a good home!!! Just don't let that fool take the credit for building it if you happen to see him out and about lol. It was and still is one of the best looking 6's on the board, not to mention there are pics of it all over the Internet with companies using your bike to display their products, that speaks for its self!!!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you're sticking around Geoff, you've been a staple on this forum for a long, long time. Looking forward to hearing about your new ride!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Great bike! Glad you're finding a good home for it.
Glad you're sticking around and hope you continue to share your artistic ideas and pieces with us! :D

Any ideas on how you'll set up the FZ1?

Last edited:

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
Geoff, I went through the same thing (minus the crying from my wife) :) Bought my 04, modded it to death, sold it to a forum member...picked up my Sprint ST and stuck around the forums! Glad you are doing the same.

lazerfazer

Reaction score
Visit site
i saw a brand new 06 fz1 at a dealership (obviously a leftover that they cant move) think i should buy it?

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great bike! Glad you're finding a good home for it.
Glad you're sticking apound and hope you continue to share your artistic ideas an pieces with us! :D

Any ideas on how you'll set up the FZ1?

Glad you asked....I will either do a lower cowl with copperdawg or I will buy a conversion kit for it to do a full on naked style. I found an 06 FZ1 for around 4200 with 10k miles, I might go check it out tomorrow.

n.e.mich

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you asked....I will either do a lower cowl with copperdawg or I will buy a conversion kit for it to do a full on naked style. I found an 06 FZ1 for around 4200 with 10k miles, I might go check it out tomorrow.

My '06 FZ1 with lowers and Copperdawg Speedscreen:
IMG-20120219-00630.jpg

IMG-20120219-00629.jpg

It does everything my FZ6 did.............just better! ;)

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on selling yours! :thumbup:

Curious what you'll think of FZ1 after FZ6.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like that comment just bit Chevy in the arse! LOL!

Congrats MR.P on getting a FINE ride from an upstanding guy. I have sold two FZ6 bikes and those folks became members here as well. Great place and you'll learn a lot. Like mine, as a buyer, at least you don't have to go through the whole modding bug!!

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
Geoff, I know how much it hurts some times.

I had a 2005 R1 Replica of the bike Colin Edwards rode in the Valecia Moto GP that year. It was one of four replicas made and what a sweet bike it was.

After riding it a while and my old body taking the punishment I decided it was time to turn it back into the dealer for a new home.

Some Kid with little riding experience but money bought it and managed to ride it ONCE before totaling it. All I could do was cry at the loss of such a neat bike.

I hope your fairs much better.

Now for the pics. LOL:

R14small.jpg

R13small.jpg

R11small.jpg

R12small.jpg

R1121606002small.jpg

Hang in there, I see more bikes in your future. :thumbup:

Cheers.

Marc

MR.P

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like that comment just bit Chevy in the arse! LOL!

Congrats MR.P on getting a FINE ride from an upstanding guy. I have sold two FZ6 bikes and those folks became members here as well. Great place and you'll learn a lot. Like mine, as a buyer, at least you don't have to go through the whole modding bug!!

Thanks... I couldn't resist responding to that one. :D

There is definitely something to be said about putting something like this together yourself, I'm sure I will have to put my own spin on it at some point.. though I'm not sure how I could improve on what's already been done. It's definitely well done.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks... I couldn't resist responding to that one. :D

There is definitely something to be said about putting something like this together yourself, I'm sure I will have to put my own spin on it at some point.. though I'm not sure how I could improve on what's already been done. It's definitely well done.

You'll find something you'll want changed, no doubt... but to have one that is already sporting a lot of great mods takes a lot of the wallet pains away! :D

Pics? I've not seen this bike in photos for a long time. ;)

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
Another comment slightly off topic, but how do you guys like the FZ1? HAve heard some love it, some hate it. Main concern is seat comfort compared to the FZ6

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Another comment slightly off topic, but how do you guys like the FZ1? HAve heard some love it, some hate it. Main concern is seat comfort compared to the FZ6

The ONLY complaint I have regarding the FZ1 is the tank size/MPG. As far as the seat... standard Yamaha stock seat... they all suck! ;) But, after owning the FZ6 as well, I'd give a nod to the FZ1 seat for better comfort but this is my opinion.

The FZ1 does all that the FZ6 did and much more. Adjustable suspension was the bonus outside of 40+ more HP for almost the same weight. Slightly more aggressive seating. When you hit 8k on this liter bike, you better be dug in and holding on tight! :rockon:

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
The ONLY complaint I have regarding the FZ1 is the tank size/MPG. As far as the seat... standard Yamaha stock seat... they all suck! ;) But, after owning the FZ6 as well, I'd give a nod to the FZ1 seat for better comfort but this is my opinion.

The FZ1 does all that the FZ6 did and much more. Adjustable suspension was the bonus outside of 40+ more HP for almost the same weight. Slightly more aggressive seating. When you hit 8k on this liter bike, you better be dug in and holding on tight! :rockon:

I believe all that to be atrue statement. That last comment is the EXACT reason why I have a FZ6 and not a FZ1. I tell myself I'm gonna be cautious and safe but I know damn well I'm gonna push it to it's limits at one point, so the less horsepower the better for me right now:Sport:

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mr. P, soon as I find the FZ1 I am looking for we will go ride. I also want thank you for coming by the other day to drop off the coin off my keychain.

I went and looked at one that was same color as my last one, but not sure if I liked the way the 2006 FZ1 throttle responded. That's what hindering me buying it more than anything else. I may just wait a month or so and see if I can find an 2007.

What do you think FZ1inNH?

The bike was 2006 FZ1
Laid down in Driveway, (nothing major, just some scuffs)
about 12k miles
garage kept and maintenance
$4400