Fully faired?

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
I know the naked looks very nice, bikes and women ;)
but what about the opposite side? fully faired FZ6?
what fits? anybody done it?

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
You could see one in person if you call outta work Saturday lol... Gtpaddicts is fully faired for a fz and it looks great!

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
lol the only reason im working saturday is because im covering for a friend, :(
its cool tho i owe him BIG, he pulled me out of a ditch about 2min before the cops showed up....:BLAA:

but how did he do it? fairings off of a fz6r?

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
It's all good I think I gonna have to work myself so believe me I know how it is but no I think he has the tcp side fairngs upper and lower not sure exactly but basicly they make a kit to make our bikes have the fully faired look

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
I have seen a handful of fully faired FZ's and most of them I wasnt a huge fan of, but SANGER A2 has a really nice one. He got his fairings direct from Yamaha and they blend very well with the lines of the bike.

You can check out his bike here:

sangera2.com

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
tcp has them for $615us.......thats a bit steep for me :(
looks like i gotta make a fiberglass mold, and custom make my own :BLAA:
that would be cost effective:D:D

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
You could see one in person if you call outta work Saturday lol... Gtpaddicts is fully faired for a fz and it looks great!

Thanks man!

Here's a some pic of mine, they are the Powerbronze fairings and they fit great.

100_6913.JPG

Here are some more pics if you want to see them -> Eddie's 2006 Yamaha FZ6

They were on it when I bought the bike, but I did have to replace them when I lowsided the bike earlier this year. I got them for about $225 shipped (they were having a 20% off sale at the time), now they're around $285 I believe. Here's a link the their site...

http://www.powerbronzeusa.com/product.aspx?obj_id=822856&mc_id=818249&col_id=831889

Edit - BTW, that is exactly how they look out of the box, I just bolted the up, no painting required if you want to keep them black.

Last edited:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Both of those look great guys, and i thought the Fazer was a great looking bike to begin with :thumbup:

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
$285 us is ALOT better then what iv found....THANKS A BUNCH GUYS
hopefuly soon ill be gettin some,
do you know if my frame sliders will still fit on? i cant remember but it kinda looks like they go where is now covered up by a fairing.

how do you like the wind protection?

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
$285 us is ALOT better then what iv found....THANKS A BUNCH GUYS
hopefuly soon ill be gettin some,
do you know if my frame sliders will still fit on? i cant remember but it kinda looks like they go where is now covered up by a fairing.

how do you like the wind protection?
You can get the Yamaha fairing for 2007+ bikes. IMHO I think they match best (although I'm biased). I'm pretty sure that people in the US have ordered them from Canadian dealerships and possibly Indian ones too.

With the PowerBronze & Yamaha fairings you will need to drill them for the sliders. Don't forget they will need to be extra long to protect the fairing in a drop. Mine work. :eek:

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
With the PowerBronze & Yamaha fairings you will need to drill them for the sliders. Don't forget they will need to be extra long to protect the fairing in a drop. Mine work. :eek:

X2. I measured the clearance once a while back, I believe it was about 2 inches from the frame to the fairing. If that's accurate, you'd need at least 3" sliders to protect the fairing however I was not worried about that. IF I put sliders one the bike I would probably keep them under the fairing. They would still protect the hard pieces (maybe even a little better), but yes it would trash the fairing.

I rode without a fairing for a few weeks while I had part ordered. I prefer to have the fairing most of the time as it does feel more aerodynamic and stable when riding to me. The only draw back is on hot days you can feel a bit more heat from the right side. This is easily resolved by moving your knee out a tad to grab some cooler air.

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
if you want to protect your fairings get a stunt cage :p

I think my frame sliders are 2inches?:confused:
but if they can stay under the fairing i will be fine with that, just gotta find some money for the fairings ;)

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I looked into getting full fairings for the FZ6 awhile back...they are near impossible to find in the USA....I actually called a few dealers in Canada about them, but like you stated before they were $$$!
Finally gave up and bought my FZ1 with fairings already on :cheer:

Wearyeyed

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine's fully faired, too. I got the TCP lowers. I have pics in my garage. Here's another couple:

I bid on one of these on E-Bay.

Lost the bid-war. Went deep into Wisconsin to buy an '07.

Came home, and had a second-chance offer because the winner back-out.

I was genuinely bummed; though my blue '07 was beautiful, this full-faired red had long stole my heart....

Count me as a full-fairing fan.

Phew!

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site