Fuel indicator question

pipnash

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All
Being new to the Fazer I was wondering if anyone can give me the heads up on the fuel indicator. When it gets to its last blob I have been filling up. I only manage to get about 14 litres in so by my reckoning there's still about a gallon in the tank. My question is this, does the last blob flash when it gets too low, is there a fuel warning light that comes on before you run out, or does it just go to 1 blob and then that's it, no blobs and a push to the nearest garage?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Phil

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Your last "blob"/bar should flash.

As for kms from a tank, do what Bikebiz has suggested - put a coke bottle or similar in your back-pack with some fuel. Run your bike completely out (of course make sure you set the trip when you filled up.....) and see what you get to. Only way to know for sure what you can do :D

y0s_bikey

Reaction score
Visit site
after the last blob, it will turn to flashing. When u see it flashing it means it has entered into reserve. Commonly for my case, in street riding. After it started flashing, I will continue to ride for another 30-40kms and I will pump around 17L

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm the same, I'll get up to 40kms before I fill up and can put about 16.5 litres in the 19.4l tank.

Rob27

Reaction score
Visit site
I normally get to 25miles on reserve before filling it up but not sure what it would go to.

Rob.

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
I normally get to 25miles on reserve before filling it up but not sure what it would go to.

Rob.

same here, though I've pushed it to about 40miles while out on decent A roads and was cruising. Can't remember how fuel it took but thought it was close to running out.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool thanks everyone, will now wait for the "flashing blob" before filling up :thumbup:

Hi mate, I used to run my bike for about 20 miles on the flashing blob. Until one day i ran out of fuel at 26 miles whilst taking my son to a soccer match. ?On the flashing blob very techy term lol) i put in between 17.5 and 18.2 lt. I havent got a clue where the rest of the fuel is. One thing i have noticed though. When filling up to the top of the filler. I can still get another 1.5 lt in with ease

I am posting this using opera mobile. So apologys if the text go's arse ways.

Good luck Nelly :thumbup:

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
Your last "blob"/bar should flash.

As for kms from a tank, do what Bikebiz has suggested - put a coke bottle or similar in your back-pack with some fuel. Run your bike completely out (of course make sure you set the trip when you filled up.....) and see what you get to. Only way to know for sure what you can do :D

Keep in mind that some fuels contain ethanol which is a solvent. Certain plastic containers will be severely weakened or even fail in the presence of fuel containing solvents.

If you're going to use this method of carrying fuel in a plastic bottle, make certain that it's not going to be "eaten" by the fuel. This will save you from fuel dumping in your backpack or possibly even a fire.