FS: Speedo Tuner YA-001

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This was used for less than a year after a sprocket change. No instructions but all the install info can be found on their website HERE

$60 shipped USPS priority in CON-US

b473718b.jpg

3b24dced.jpg

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Interested if you'll post to Oz (Adelaide, South Australia 5251), and if it will fit a 2005 FZ6.

PM me with price inc shipping please.

Cheers,
Rick

Last edited:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got it yestersday, thank you!

Can anybody tell me, will this JUST adjust the speedo, or will it modify the tachometer too?

The tach is correct, but the speedo is 7% off.

Cheers,
Rick

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, nearly ready to install this - but have a couple of questions.

Using my phone GPS, I have verified the alleged 7% discrepancy in the FZ6 speedo seems to be correct.

The way to set the SpeedoTuner, however, raises some concerns about not concentrating on the road, when setting it up.

(Temporarily mount the Speedo Tuner® module up on your fuel tank with the extra supplied Velcro. Make sure you can comfortably see the indicator light.

Start riding the motorcycle and when you are ready to start the procedure hold the set button down for approximately 6 seconds until the red light starts to blink rapidly, release the button.

As soon as possible, operate your motorcycle at a TRUE speed that you want to calibrate the unit at. (Although the Speedo Tuner® will calibrate at any speed, we strongly recommend 60 m.p.h. as the speed you use). Now push the set button again for 1-2 seconds until the red light starts blinking slower than before.

Now alter your bike’s speed so that the speedometer indicates the speed you have chosen (60 m.p.h.) to calibrate at and once more push the set button for 1-2 seconds. You should see the red light go solid and you may notice the speedometer needle jump to the corrected setting.)

The instructions say I can use a dyno, to do it safely, or do it whilst riding.

My question is whether I could put my bike up on the centre stand, butt the front wheel up against a wall, so it can't inadvertently come off the stand, and throttle up to 107kph, and start the recalibration process?

I really don't want to have to take my left hand off the handlebars to stuff around with a little box, with an even smaller little button, whilst barreling down the highway at 107kph!

Now, if I do it like I've suggested, and because I already have ascertained the inaccuracy, could I not put my bike into top gear, on the stand, press the button for 6 secs, rev it up so the speedo is reading 107kph, then press the button for 2 secs, wind back the bike to an indicated 100kph and press the button again for 2 secs.

Because the speedo is run through the 'box/rear wheel, unlike my previous bikes where it's run off the front wheel, the bike actually doesn't need to be moving, so as long as my bike isn't going to mind revving at 5000rpm for 10 secs or so, with no load, then it seems like the best way to achieve the calibration.

Once this is completed, I'd chuck the GPS on and check my accuracy.

So, what do you think?

Cheers,
Rick

Last edited:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a follow up on this, now that I finally had a chance to install it

Thankfully I saw somewhere that someone had to use trial and error to find the right plug, so was able to use the right one straight away (in a little boot)

As I'd already ascertained the inaccuracy via GPS to mirror what I had heard about the 7% discrepancy, it make it easy.

I put the bike on the centre stand, pressed the button for 6secs and revved up to 107kph (the speed my GPS said was actually 100kph)

Pressed the button for 2secs and slowed to 100kph.

Pressed the button again and the speedo changed to 93kph indicated.

Went for a ride and it seems dead on at 110kph (according to my phone GPS!) and in town read 60kph when the GPS said 61kph.

Something to watch out for, but otherwise does exactly what it said it would!

Thanks Mexi!

Cheers,
Rick

Last edited:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just corrects the speed. Won't modify the tacho.

Just reread that and feel like a fool!

I meant to say ODOMETER, not tacho!

Really mustn't have made any sense!

I was trying to establish whether the odometer and speedo were exclusively calibrated, or whether changing one would change the other.

Cheers,
Rick

Last edited: