FS: Black Vortex 48T Rear Sprocket

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
SOLD

I'm selling my 48T black Vortex rear sprocket for $35 + shipping.

IMG_3613-1.jpg

IMG_3618-1.jpg

IMG_3619.jpg

Last edited:

tasop7

Enjoying Life!
Reaction score
Visit site
I have to do a little research on what tooth combination of front and rear sprockets will give me more torque, and I'll pm you shortly. Dibs for now... I'll post very soon if I'm going to pass.

But I'm guessing you'll know. I'm not 100% sure what the stock sprockets are, but how do the 15T front and 48T rear compare to stock? Again, I'm looking for more torque, not more top speed / better gas mileage.

Also, do you know how many miles are on this one? You said your front has 3k miles.

Thanks! :thumbup:

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Doing the -1/+2 conversion would definitely give you more torque. It does hinder you gas mileage but with power goes gas mileage ;)

Mileage on the rear sprocket is the same as the front sprocket. I put them on at the same time. I also have a EK MVXZ 520 Black Chain if you are interested, which would complete a perfect -1/+2 conversion.

tasop7

Enjoying Life!
Reaction score
Visit site
After lots of reading about this mod, I'm going to start of by trying just the 15T front sprocket and keep my stock chain and rear sprocket. Since you have all 3 pieces for a perfect -1/+2 conversion, I'll let it all go to ecudoc.

Thanks again Jeremy! :thumbup:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If nobody has bought this yet I really very highly recommend it. +2 rear teeth make the bike so wonderfully angry. Tough to describe but it rounds the machine off so nicely. Angry down low, and settles in nicely up high. You don't really need the extra 20 or 30 kph in the top end anyway.

And for those that aren't aware, buy with confidence from Mav. He has sold a bunch of other stuff on this forum already.

CMH

Reaction score
Visit site
If everyone has backed out I would like to call dibs on the whole set pending the answers to a couple questions.
1. what is the cost of all three pieces shipped to Mesa AZ. (you just shipped the tank grips to me, they're great by the way)

2. What happens to the gas mileage with the change? is it really bad or just a small difference? At less than 9 bucks for a fill up I think I can sacrifice a couple/few miles per gallon, something like a drop from 55 down to 50 MPG would be acceptable, but going from 55 to 40 might be a little more questionable.

3. My stock chain has 26,000 miles on it (exceptionally maintained and still in good shape from what I can tell visibly) In your opinion (meaning anyone who might read this that would know the answer better than me) does it need to be replaced? I've had a couple people tell me that chains can get a lot more than 25000 miles if taken care of well enough, but that was generalized and I'd like to hear from people who know this particular bike.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i replaced my chain at 30k. why risk it? youll have to replace it sometime anyway. broken chain can leave you dead or paralysed when it snaps because when chains snap horrible crashes can ensue. there are some who tell stories of broken chains and not crashing, but there are plenty who arent around to share their accounts of it.

i changed my chain when i changed my sprockets. plus it gave me an excuse to upgrade and i now have a high end super sweet chain.

and take care of it. lube and clean it, and make sure the tension is always right.

new chains will need to have their tension checked almost constantly (every couple hundred km) for the first couple 'k' on them form what i have been told.

CMH

Reaction score
Visit site
I lied, for some reason I gave in to my late night devil on the shoulder and just bought a top sellerie seat :rolleyes:, therefore I cannot afford to upgrade my sprockets just yet. sorry to be one more person to back out on you but my wife is going to kill me as it is..

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
I need the sprocket, I left my lanyard with my seat key inside the keyhole which got caught in my rear sprocket when I drove away, and the key took off like 8 teeth. So if whoever has dibs backs out, I'll probably take it.

Also I have no idea how to do anything with a sprocket or a chain and I have no tools other than a generic toolset, do I need to bring this somewhere or what? Guess I should search!