Front wheel hard to turn

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys

I am home again for the weekend to get my bike ready for winter storage-wash/wax, oil change, Stabil, ETC. I tried to push my bike around in the garage so I could change the oil and for some reason it felt really hard to push. I figured one of the tires must be low, but when I checked they were both fine. I put her up on the center stand and tried to rotate the front wheel, and its really hard to turn. I took her for a ride around the block and the handling was terrible, like I was running about 10PSI in the front wheel.

I haven't heard any weird noises or anything from the front and havent noticed anything out of the ordinary handling wise until today. I rode about 90 miles yesterday to get back home and it deffinetly wasnt doing it then. Any ideas? Shot caliper? Wheel bearing? I only have about 5,800 miles on her.

Last edited:

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
Also when I go to put a little pressure on the wheel to rotate it I can here a distinct "click", but it doesnt keep doing it as I rotate the wheel.

DDS

Reaction score
Visit site
sounds like the pads are stuck on.

easy way to check is to slide a flat edged screwdriver between the disk and the pad and lever it back (it will push back slightly). Be careful not to damage the disks but it should easily tell you if you have a sticking brake by the fact that it'll then rotate easily. :)

That would be the first and easiest thing to check personally