Front Paddock Stand

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking to purchase a front stand for my 2009 FZ6.

I'm almost sure that I'll be going with a Pit Bull branded model.

Pit Bull Motorcycle Stands & Accessories: Front Stands

I'm just wondering which style would work best with the FZ6. (I plan on using the stand to remove my wheels.)

Unless your set on just buying a new tool (and there's nothing wrong with that!), I would just put the bike on the centerstand, put a MANUAL (NOT hydralic) sizzor jack under the header and just lift the front slightly.

It won't hurt the header and you can easily remove both wheels at the same time. :thumbup:

I have an "early version" of the front hybrid, which works ok, BUT, it does get in the way when removing the front wheel. Jacking the header is much steadier, gives you more room and you can remove the entire front end if need be, the Pit-bull, Nope..

Note: I do have both the front and rear Pit-bull stands, extremly well made, but for the FZ, if you have the CC, not necessary...

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1.. front stand is not necessary for FZ6. I have one and use it for R6.. great for Winter too, to keep both tires off the concrete, but even on R6, when I needed to pull the fork legs off, I used rear stand + jack under header.

Oh and yeah.. PitBull is as good as it gets, quality and service-wise.

Pope Mobile

Von Skump
Reaction score
Visit site
Just put some weight on the pillion seat until the rear wheel drops, then take off the front wheel. Lower the forks onto a milk crate or something. Take off the rear wheel. Job's done.

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Did all kinds of stuff to my FZ6 with just the center stand and a big block of wood under the headers. If you do get a stand would recommend the head lift on which would let you take the forks and wheel off but you still cannot take the head bearing out.