Front Fork Mods

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been looking through different sites and reading many posts on here about front fork mods. Now the FZ6 does have a bit of a weaker front fork, not to bad, but I would love to see what options are out there to replace or enhance it.

I read that you can do the R6s forks, but that can be very pricy to obtain. Plus i know you need to fab your own brackets and spacers which is not many people's strengths (mine included :D).

I was looking at ohlins website, and saw the FG 43 forks (near bottom of this link Sport ) and was wondering if they could would work.

Last option I have read is doing the race tech emulators and springs, which seems to be a great idea and quite cost effective for the amount of feedback you can get.

Anyone else know of other forks, or other things you can do to the front fork? Love to hear some ideas.

C

CombatPenguin

I plan on doing the matris fork kit in the next month. It uses your forks but replaces the springs and add the ability to adjust the preload. They are expensive thought $550 plus shipping, the r6 forks are cheaper than this and someone poseted a webiste that sold the spacers cheap. Other than that the only things I found was the racetech springs and emulators.

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
I plan on doing the matris fork kit in the next month. It uses your forks but replaces the springs and add the ability to adjust the preload. They are expensive thought $550 plus shipping, the r6 forks are cheaper than this and someone poseted a webiste that sold the spacers cheap. Other than that the only things I found was the racetech springs and emulators.

Any chance you have a link to the matris kit?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Ohlins forks would probably work but there are two issues you'll need to solve, 1) cost, my guess about $2,000, 2) fitting brake calipers, wheel spacing, and are they available in 43mm?

They look killer, DO IT! :rockon:

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
The matris look pretty good. No supplier in Canada though, so might be even more for shipping to me.

Hellgate, I checked into the Ohlins! About $3500 Cdn to mount and have the brakes and everything (including spacers) made and shipped. Then need an Ohlins dealer to put it on. Me likey!!:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The matris look pretty good. No supplier in Canada though, so might be even more for shipping to me.

Hellgate, I checked into the Ohlins! About $3500 Cdn to mount and have the brakes and everything (including spacers) made and shipped. Then need an Ohlins dealer to put it on. Me likey!!:rockon:

That's a lot of coin, but the result would be killer! DO IT!

:rockon:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

OOOOOOO!!!!! Very cool. I hate to say it but for the whole thing it maybe a very good value.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How about an entire '08 R6 front end and use Helibars or ConvertiBars?

I bet you could buy one for about $1,000 or so from Flea Bay.

tum226

Reaction score
www.rollahome.com
I am looking into getting the racetech emulators and springs. Seems to be the best bang for the buck. Ohlins are great but they cost almost what I paid for the bike.

Anyone have a recommendation on fluid weight to use in the forks with a factory setup. I am a 200 lbs rider and commute during the week and ride hard in the twisties on the weekend. Trying to round the tire off from a weeks worth of commuting ;) Any suggestions would be awesome.

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking into getting the racetech emulators and springs. Seems to be the best bang for the buck. Ohlins are great but they cost almost what I paid for the bike.

Anyone have a recommendation on fluid weight to use in the forks with a factory setup. I am a 200 lbs rider and commute during the week and ride hard in the twisties on the weekend. Trying to round the tire off from a weeks worth of commuting ;) Any suggestions would be awesome.

Def go the 15wt oil. Race tech will be my choice unless I can afford those ohlins or I find something else.