FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Rode ~260 miles of really twisted roads this past weekend and when we stopped I noticed the front tire of the Triumph 675 had maybe used 2/3 of the tire while the back was like mine with maybe an 1/4" of chicken.

The Two FZs and the Brutale had used much more of the front tire.

Point: is the front tire loading and turn in geometry so different on the 675 that it just wasn't using as much tire for the same turns and speeds? We were pulling a pretty good clip in some spots....

MXGolf had a good run too!

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like you had a great ride Randy, it must be amazing living near great riding roads :thumbup:
, I always have to travel to find them.

I recently replaced my Pilot road 4's, strangely enough I found that the more my old set wore, the less of a chicken strip I had (and used). I'm not just talking about the totally unused rubber but also the "daily" chickenstrip (you can see which part of the tyre is being used by the dirty area's). Just before I replaced it I had almost no (daily) chickenstrip on the rear. Anyway now I have new tyres and I have quite a large chicken strip again, even though I'm riding the same roads.

EDIT: I was wondering if the different chickenstrips could be due to differently worn tyres.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The 675 and the Brutale had the same tire brand... Both were mid life. Wish I'd taken a picture as it was night and day difference of how much tire had contacted the road on the 675's front while the rear looked the same for most of us.

It's as if it plows less in the turns compared to the other bikes? Anyone have any comments on riding a 675 through the twist?

IMG_20150823_132601_927.jpgIMG_20150823_132556_634.jpg

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmm.... I'll have to look into this for you. The guy I ride with the most often has a 675, I'v even ripped it through the twisties myself.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmm.... I'll have to look into this for you. The guy I ride with the most often has a 675, I'v even ripped it through the twisties myself.

Thanks! ^^ Look forward to hearing what you have to share!

Many of the roads here are Chip Tar where the cars do the packing and compressing (rough and jagged surface). I've always attributed this to my front tire being destroyed as the surface is so rough compared to asphalt which is compressed with rollers. Perhaps the Fizzer and I need a Diet! lol

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In two words, body position.

How about this; owner is a small guy, nearly 1/2 my weight... Think horse jockey size and weight. Our lines and style seemed to mirror each other.

Rim width - IDK... Can't be off by much though. Bike and rider weight may be greatest single factor. IDK!