Front Brake Line Options

dstaffx

Reaction score
Visit site

FZ6_Dude

FZ6 Corner Carver
Reaction score
Visit site
all the aftermarket braided lines i have seen have been split two seperate lines from the master cylinder... i would say that would be the way to go... i found front and rear lines for about 150$

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
they're easier to bleed, and cheaper

in terms of performance they should both be the same. it may just come to aesthetics and ease of routing tbh

not sure about US prices but i think you can get a full set of HEL lines for about £70-80 here. I paid £50 for my front ones.

dstaffx

Reaction score
Visit site
they're easier to bleed, and cheaper

in terms of performance they should both be the same. it may just come to aesthetics and ease of routing tbh

not sure about US prices but i think you can get a full set of HEL lines for about £70-80 here. I paid £50 for my front ones.

Thats great. Thanks

(And I'm sure I'm just accross the river from you so I'd be buying from a uk ebay aswell)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on much easier to bleed.

I have Hell SS lines and am very happy with the quality/function, a big improvement in performance.

In the states, I paid less than $100.00 for both the front and back...

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Townsend;
Is there any added volume from running two lines or is the split far enough away that it equates to the same volume of fluids in the line set as the OEM setup?

Just thinking aloud. . .

I can give more details if this doesn't make sense, so let me know.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Townsend;
Is there any added volume from running two lines or is the split far enough away that it equates to the same volume of fluids in the line set as the OEM setup?

Just thinking aloud. . .

I can give more details if this doesn't make sense, so let me know.

I understand what you mean..

I think it's pretty close to the same, with the after market lines, you don't have the fender "loop over" (extra fluid) but you do have an additional line going to the master cylinder. It is easier to bleed should you get air in the stock "Loop". Performance wise, one having more or less fluid wouldn't make a difference as long as its fully bled out.

I can say, with the HEL SS lines, I could probably do a stoppie now where before, no way.. They are that much firmer, the pull distance is probably 1/3 to 1/2 of the stock lines... BTW, thats with slightly longer lines than stock as I have risers/set backs and ordered slightly longer lines.

Last edited:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i'd add that i had a bit of fiddling to get mine fitted, trying to work out the best way to mount them

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
i'd add that i had a bit of fiddling to get mine fitted, trying to work out the best way to mount them

+1 on that, especially with the longer lines. I ended up making a duplicate holder for the right side (copied the stock left side (as I re-call) so it wouldn't rub up against the painted fender...