Friends Versys stolen yesterday!

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
So my friends Kawasaki Versys was stolen from his office building parking lot yesterday in Parssipany NJ. He just started riding this year...only had the bike for a few months.

......riding buddy down....gotta ride alone lol
Sad day tho :(

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea he did...other than lo jack. Nothing would have really helped, (other than deter them) they just picked it up into a pickup or flatbed and took off.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man, that sucks!
My #1 pet peeve is stealing, I'd love nothing more then to catch someone in the act:spank:

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
When your bike is stolen - always sucks, big time!
But I hope he had insurance and if so - time to shop for a new ride!

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
He has theft insurance...already looking for a new bike!

Maybe he will come to the dark sid....I mean...get an FZ6 :D

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
blows.. hate it when others think its ok to do something like this.. if you want one that bad, go buy your own!!!!

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Tarantino summed up my feelings:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO48Vr4KIc8"]Pulp Fiction - Don't **** with another man's vehicle - YouTube[/ame]

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Ah, that sucks.

Back in 1996, I had my Katana 750 stolen from my apartment parking lot in the middle of the day. It was parked in the corner of the lot, with a cover locked into the bike, and a disc lock on too. Like the other poster said, they probably just picked it up and put it into a van.

Luckily I had insurance, but it still sucked.

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you buddy has insurance and will get a different bike out of the deal. Sadly, the insurance company will cut him a check for the depreciated value of his bike minus his deductible amount.

Unless he kicks in some money from his end, the amount of the check very likely won't buy him a bike of the same year or mileage.

Thieves suck, and need to burn in hell for eternity for all the grief they cause.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I would like to develop a self-destruct feature that allows a bike/car to explode and crash in a fiery mess if they leave the owner's possession. A simple cellular device would be used to arm the device via your smart phone...I would call the app "EffYouThieves". Once armed the bike explodes if ridden over 10mph, or if the ignition is disconnected from the power source. :thumbup:

Sorry to hear about a theft. I too would love to catch a thief in the act, especially at my house...I would send my 75 lb American Bully to take him down and the next sound he would hear would be a load of 12 gauge bird shot slamming into his grown region.

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow stolen out of Parsippany?! I used to live in Morristown. Never thought of that area as high crime. Especially while parked at work. What a shame.

Hope your friend is able to get another bike.

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't worry all! He got a new Versys yesterday...almost exactly the same. Just with all the mods he wanted to do. All is good......as long as you have theft insurance! :D