Frame Sliders "How To"

SanNYC

Reaction score
www.dozendames.org
Thanks for the 'How To'

I also purchased the Uncaged Sliders, but they arrived without the bolts. Can't find an address or phone number on the web site so I hope they respond to the email.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Really? The bloke at BikersWorld told me they were the mutt's nuts.
Sorry mate, my response was a little vague. I wasn't referring to R+D's product. I was commenting on the varying quality of frame sliders in general. I want some, but I don't want ones that will buckle or snap off at the slightest whiff of tarmac.

gr8eyes

Reaction score
Visit site
Perryn, go to FJR Owners.com, its run by a bloke from England. On the front page There is a link for R & G Sliders, there in England. See if there is an Application for the FZ6. These sliders have been tested by several people with FJR's and have proven themselves worthy. They will grind off the delrin material and not snap off. Good Luck

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
shoot, meant to snap a couple pics this morning and forgot. I don't have a good enough camera with me so I'll try and remember to grab a few pictures tonight after work.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site

I just installed a set of the Evotech bobbins in the link above on my 06 FZ6..they look great, but I'm a little concerned about the spacers being the correct ones. One end of the spacer goes into the actual bobbin (nice fit), but the other end that goes to the frame seems to have too small a diameter.
The "outside diameter" of the spacer is quite a bit smaller than the 'hole' in the frame where it locates; were your spacers the same?
My OEM Yamaha frame sliders located quite snugly into the 'hole', which is what is concerning me. If that's how they are, no worries...
They look much tidier than the OEM Yamaha ones, which look like a 747's landing gear. :eek: Here's a pic of the OEM Yamaha sliders:-

FZ6frameSliders.jpg

Last edited:

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After a lengthy deliberation on the variety of frame sliders available, I finally decided on the Uncaged. I ordered on September 20th and finally got them October 10th :eek:. Sheesh, for the money I forked out for shipping, that took a while :mad: and James from Uncaged apologized for the delay. Except for the price, I’m happy with the sliders and the response service I got from Uncaged in tracking down my order. $73.99 (USD) for the sliders plus $17.80 (USD) priority international mail shipping. Here’s what they look like. Torqued them down to 40ft•lbs.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't Forget To Use Some Threadlockers! As One Of Mine Found Itself Unscrewing Itself Off From The Vibration Of The Bike.

javahaxxor

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't Forget To Use Some Threadlockers! As One Of Mine Found Itself Unscrewing Itself Off From The Vibration Of The Bike.

Yes, use Loctite 242 Blue , a few drops will suffice. Check out the service manual spec for the frame bolt tightening torque HERE which by the way says 55 Nm in case the link goes dead in the future.

I bought my nylon sliders from a Yamaha dealership, they're produced by Valtermoto, and the bolt and frame seems to be the same for models 2004 and up to 2007, and here's another dealer in Sweden, S-racing

Redz_baller

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have frame sliders yet, but that's the first on my list of mods to do...I just noticed on the pictures that they are not the same length, one is slightly longer? Any reason for these... I have an access to a lathe so I'm thinking of making myself a pair...

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have frame sliders yet, but that's the first on my list of mods to do...I just noticed on the pictures that they are not the same length, one is slightly longer? Any reason for these... I have an access to a lathe so I'm thinking of making myself a pair...

The left side slider is longer, to give more protection to the engine case on the left. The engine doesn't protrude as much on the right side, so a shorter slider will do.

:)

Just measured my Oggy Knobs for ya.
Left side = 65mm (2.5 inches)
Right side = 55mm (2.1 inches)
spacers = 25mm (2 inches)

:)

Last edited: