frame sliders...best brand?

ryukin

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum as of new years, and I've been reading a lot of really interesting stuff. I have lots of plans now for my bike. I plan on installing frame sliders, but don't know what direction I should go with those. I'm kind of gathering that shoguns or pro impact are the best. What are your opinions? I have an '08 with full fairing.

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
My highest recommendation is OES Accessories. It's a little unheard of, but that's ashame because they are of great quality. I recommend getting an extended version (put note when you check out you want extended version and agree to extra charge of $8). Saved my ass twice in two accidents. As a matter of fact, I'm still using the original ones!

Yamaha FZ6 Frame Sliders

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
I have Shoguns but can't really tell you how they work. I haven't had to test them yet. (We need a Knock on Wood smiley) They look ok on the bike and are a breeze to install. Just don't over-tighten. I think someone on this forum made that mistake and had to take the tap and die to the block :eek:.

Reaction score
Visit site
Just don't over-tighten.

A big +1 there. Use a torque wrench if at all possible, manufacturer specs.

I actually have the OES sliders as well (2", black, angle cut). Look sweet and are supposed to be pretty durable. Hope to never test it.

I think all these options are pretty good, if anything here sucked, we'd hear about it.

My 2 cents:
-bigger = better
-manufacturer specs on the torque
And you'll be fine

Good luck

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
I have shogun CF frame sliders. No testing here. However, easy to install and looks good. Everything on the sliders looked well made and went on the bike no problem.

PipBoy

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know what mine are because they were on the bike when i got it. They've saved me once already with a drop in the driveway. The ones that you have linked to look good though, especially since you have a full fairing and they are the only ones mentioned that are "no-cut"

Chris_D

Reaction score
Visit site
Can someone please explain the difference between "cut" and "no-cut"? I believe the "no-cut" come with some sort of offset, but what would exactly need to be cut, how hard is it, and what is the difference in crash protection between the 2? Is there much difference in placement, balance, protection etc? Thanks.

Chris_D

Reaction score
Visit site

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ive found a set of sliders that I think look uber-sexy, and I'm quite likely to order these, unless anyone who has installed this type on an FZ6 can advise any reason not too? I still don't know why some are "cut" and some are "no cut".

Yamaha FZ6 FZ6N 04-07 08-09 2010 carbon frame slider (eBay item 300501508617 end time 04-Feb-11 20:29:35 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

So, what do you think?

I wouldn't get them because:
1. They have an end cap that would come off rather than grind down a little
2. I would only buy them if someone on the forum has tested them. Pretty doesn't cut it when it comes to frame protection.

My 2c worth :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06fiz600

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up a set of Shoguns from Bike Bandit. They were on sale for around $40. I looked at ebay ones too before landing on these.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
You don't need frame sliders--they are a waste of money (joke). As already mentioned, whatever brand you get, be super careful about inspecting how the slider bolts campare with the length of the stock bolt threads that are "working." Be sure that your new slider bolt threads are not going to bite less into your frame mount female threads. Our aluminum frame mount threads are not forgiving. Good idea to use Locktite and be careful to not over torque your new bolts.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
My highest recommendation is OES Accessories. It's a little unheard of, but that's ashame because they are of great quality. I recommend getting an extended version (put note when you check out you want extended version and agree to extra charge of $8). Saved my ass twice in two accidents. As a matter of fact, I'm still using the original ones!

Yamaha FZ6 Frame Sliders

Now that's more like it! Those are the style I was looking for, but couldn't seem to find. The price is right too. Thank you(both tcmalker and the OP for starting this thread)!

On a side note, any pics of them on the bike?

To Chris : No cut refers to bikes with fairings. If your bike is faired, then you'll want no cut. Otherwise you're cutting fairing to make them fit!

Last edited:

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Now that's more like it! Those are the style I was looking for, but couldn't seem to find. The price is right too. Thank you(both tcmalker and the OP for starting this thread)!

On a side note, any pics of them on the bike?

To Chris : No cut refers to bikes with fairings. If your bike is faired, then you'll want no cut. Otherwise you're cutting fairing to make them fit!

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/33436-i-think-i-found-perfect-frame-sliders.html

You are welcome!

Chris_D

Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't get them because:
1. They have an end cap that would come off rather than grind down a little
2. I would only buy them if someone on the forum has tested them. Pretty doesn't cut it when it comes to frame protection.

My 2c worth :)

I take your point, and not having actually seen this item I can't really comment on build quality, but with 6 retaining bolts I would be surprised if the end cap would "come off". I thought it was a pretty cool idea to have a replaceable end cap actually.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I take your point, and not having actually seen this item I can't really comment on build quality, but with 6 retaining bolts I would be surprised if the end cap would "come off". I thought it was a pretty cool idea to have a replaceable end cap actually.

Do they sell replacement caps?