Found a vid of the most open exhaust imaginable

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Youtube suggested this to me today and I thought I'd share in case it's not been put on here before. It must be incredibly loud in real life! No cat except the two mini ones and exhaust cut pretty much as short as it can safely be done!

He totally needs to sort out the rear end now! Unless this was just a temporary messing around thing!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoESo63RdJs]Fazer 600 - FZ6 Escape Direto.avi - YouTube[/ame]

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i tried running my bike with just the headers when i was changing the exhaust. i was too scared to rev it as it was so f**king loud!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
He needs some sort of baffle in it to quiet the resonance down and it probably wouldnt sound to bad. Almost like a gp bike

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
i did that on my old yzf600r for a weekend......my gasmileage went to heck.
I did some launches and good pulls all the way thru 4th,,,,,HOLY CRAP its deafening :rockon: , my mother yelled at me when i got home....she heard me form a mile away pulling out from McDonalds :D

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I remember I did it on my parallel twin 500CC and it sounded like a ridiculously loud pop-pop-pop noise. Crazy loud just at idle! I'd be too scared to do that with the FZ6 in case my ears exploded! It's loud enough as it it with my Scorpions, airbox mod, decat pipe and the baffles IN!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good info just for the sake of hearing how obnoxious it is unmuffled. . .

fizz_off

Reaction score
Visit site
This is going to be obnoxiously loud and annoying. I don't know why people do this to others.

Hmmmmm...the quote, "...because they can.." pops to mind (LOL).

Speaking of which, I saw an interesting little side note in the Sunday paper. MA is looking into a) repealing the helmet law and (the one that really caught my eye) b) enacting (and enforcing) stricter noise suppression laws for motorcycles.

Gotta say (WRT to "b") - we "bikers" brought this on ourselves. There are a couple of cruiser and sport bike riders in my neighborhood who I'd love to do "grievous bodily harm" to every time they come rumbling and screaming past my house with their noisy pieces of crap. :Flip: Don't get me going with the cages and their "customized" (non) mufflers :Flip: :spank: :spank: