for those of you who wanted to see an FZ6 wheelie.........

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csoSzh7eQzY[/nomedia]

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIDSSDuVaM4&mode=related&search=[/nomedia]

Hope you guys like:thumbup:

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
The guy in the first clip seems to be having a bit of trouble getting it up! ;)

And, the second clip (got bored, didn't watch it all) demonstrates that the FZ6 has more than enough oomph to wheelie, but it is as much about technique of the rider as power.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
the second one gets better about halfway through, just got to fast forward it. The first one has crappy cameraman. He should have stayed about 30 yards from the road instead of right on top of the rider. But i really wasnt going for perfect vid. I just remember someone asking about the FZ being able to do a wheelie. Since im bored at work, thought id look up a vid. :)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi James,
Thanks for posting the vids. What I found really useful was listening to the engine RPM. In one of the wheelies you can hear the limiter cutting in. I need to rev mine a bit more to get better air. I was't sure if they were using the clutch or powering it up?

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Fast forwarded it, still the only thing interesting was trying to establish the nationality of the camera man - French I think :D:)

LOL.....I still find it neat to watch a bike like mine on one wheel, even though the engine isnt powerful enough to really carry it out. My wheelies usually only last 3 to 4 seconds then it hits the rev limit.:thumbup:

thanaton23

Reaction score
Visit site
As previously stated, it's as much about technique as it is power.

The guy in the first clip appears to have a white FZ6 with red rim tape, kinda like the opposite of the raven colour scheme.........looks good!

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
The guy in the first vid is working it too hard, mine comes up right at 8,000 rpm.

It is about technique and finding the balance point. You can power up in first and clutch up in second. It just sort of bobbles for a second and then eases back down in second gear.

To wheelie the easiest in first use your suspension by first getting up to about 7,000 rpm, ease the acceleration to a steady pace and then you push the nose down with your body, as it rebounds give the left hand a good twist, full throttle is not necessary and will just run you into the rev limiter setting the nose down hard.:rockon::thumbup:

Good luck,

and practice makes perfect.

My bike is bone stock and I weigh 250 lbs.:D

penguinbiker8

stuntin like my daddy
Reaction score
Visit site
brand new FZ6, only 300 miles, cant seem to pull it up although i havnet got high in rev range. worried about engine break in, should i avoid wheelies until after the 600 mile mark

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
brand new FZ6, only 300 miles, cant seem to pull it up although i havnet got high in rev range. worried about engine break in, should i avoid wheelies until after the 600 mile mark

Most people would say yes, but i say ride it like your going to always ride it. I have broken in a lot of bikes and have used both easy and hard breakins and have found no difference. Ecept the race bikes i broke in hard only broke when i flipped them. The easy breakin bikes would only last a season or so and then i would have to get another one. Dont no if breakin has anything to do with it.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site

I also had only 5 miles on the bike when i first pulled the front wheel off the ground. Just out of the dealers site. The bike also hit over 120MPH with less than 15 miles on it. It was designed to rev high and go fast so i use it for what its made for.