For Sale: 2008 FZ6 / 9600 mi / $4500 / SE Michigan

catcher_15

Reaction score
Visit site
BIKE HAS SOLD !!

For sale is my 2008 Yamaha FZ6 located in SE Michigan (Belleville). The asking price is firm at $4500 and is inline with Blue Book values. However, I could be interested to trade for an 18' or 20' enclosed trailer. There are many links to photos below. Send me a Private Message if more information is needed.

This bike has been an absolute joy to ride. It's almost painful to sell it. In the year and 7 months I've owned the bike it's been a faithful and trusted mount. It's taken me on multiple tours through West Virginia, Ohio, Missouri, Arkansas and Colorado. I know the future owner will enjoy it as much as I did. So why sell it? Well, I've grown to want something with a little more power, a little less comfort and a little less mature. So, I moved up to an R1. Ok, the R1 is a lot less mature...fair enough!!

So, here are the Critical Details:
About myself:
  • I am a 40 yr old anal retentive engineer type
  • I ride sanely with no interest in mechanically abusive actions such as wheelies, burn outs or other such rot
I am the second owner of this bike:
  • The bike was purchased in Sept. 2008 with 1426 miles on it
  • The original owner resides in Findlay, OH, and if needed, contact with the original owner could be arranged
The primary usage has been sport touring trips and Sunday rides

No liens and I have title in-hand

Modifications:
  • A larger Puig wind screen has been fitted for comfort.
  • Bike Master Drag Bars have also been fitted for comfort. The original handle bars required a wrist angle that became painful after several hours. The Bike Master bars also allow for a more forward riding position
  • I have both the original screen and handle bars
  • Painted radiator 'guards'
  • ProGrip tank guard
Maintenance Records (major items listed)
  • 1530 miles Oil Change: Amsoil 10W-40 Synthetic, Yamaha Filter 5GH-13440-20
  • 3400 miles Oil Change: Amsoil 10W-40 Synthetic, Mobil One Filter M1-110 (winter storage)
  • 5960 miles Replaced OEM handle bars with Bike Master Drag Bars
  • 7300 miles Tires: Bridgestone Battlax BT-016
  • 7548 miles Oil Change: Amsoil 10W-40 Synthetic, Mobil One Filter M1-110
  • 7997 miles Spark plugs: NGK Iridium
  • 9598 miles Oil Change: Amsoil 10W-40 Synthetic, Mobil One Filter M1-110 (winter storage)
  • On average, chain lubed every 250 miles with Bel-Ray Chain Lube and chain cleaned every 500 miles with WD-40

Overall Condition:
  • The bike is essentially show room condition except for scratches on the heel guards caused by my Sidi boots. There is simply no way to avoid them...unless you're only wearing socks.
  • The bike has never been down, dropped or dinged.
  • Tire Condition:
    ---- The front tire will probably need replacing in 1000 miles
    ---- The rear tire most likely will be good for another 2000 miles
    ---- The Bridgestone Battlax BT-016 are very soft compound, especially the front!!

These photos can be sent in higher resolution if needed:
Photo_1; Photo_2; Photo_3; Photo_4; Photo_5; Photo_6; Photo_7; Photo_8; Photo_9; Photo_10; Photo_11; Photo_12; Photo_13; Photo_14; Photo_15; Photo_16; Photo_17; Photo_18; Photo_19

For reference here is the Kelly Blue Book link.
KellyBlue Book - FZ6

Last edited: