For Sale: 1999 Honda VFR800R Interceptor (Central NJ)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am putting this up for one of my best friends (read the rules and seems it's OK from me to post this).

I can definitely vouch for the seller AND for the bike. I've ridden it. It sounds fantastic (that V4 magical) and the low end torque on this thing is abundant (very different from FZ6 in that respect).

Details:

1999 Honda VFR800R Interceptor for sale by owner. Bike is in pristine condition. 24K miles, bike has not been ridden more than 50 miles in the past year due to a knee injury.

New/custom parts include:

Corbin seat

Yoshimura RS-3 exhaust

WireMyBike custom wiring harness for regulator/rectifier

Zero Gravity Double Bubble windscreen (factory windscreen also included)

Custom-valved DMR Honda 929 rear shock (stock shock also included). If you know these bikes, you know the stock rear shock is terribly undersprung. This shock is re-valved with a new spring.

New fork springs with fresh oil.

Oury Grips

Yuasa Battery (new last summer)

Peg lowering kit (machined aluminum, not installed)

Leather tank bra

GPS not included

The bike has everything you would want on a VFR, and nothing you don't. Sounds great, runs perfectly, handles great. No dents, cracks, scratches, or any other damage. Never laid down or crashed.

Price is $3800 firm, cash only. Test rides are fine with cash in hand and a valid motorcycle license.

Please contact Rob directly via email at: rbridgman1@yahoo dot com

vfryoshimurars3.jpg

vfrtank.jpg

vfrside2.jpg

vfrside1.jpg

vfrfront1.jpg

vfrdash.jpg

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike...good price and I've always liked those bikes.

Wonder what shipping to SE Wisconsin would cost:(

I've actually looked into motorcycle shipping a while ago. 1k miles was around $500.

Can always drive down here with a friend and pick the bike up. I've driven 1k miles in one day with bike on the trailer. Tiring.. but for a great deal I'd do it :D

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
I so want a VFR but love the undertail exhaust of the newer ones but here earlier years such as this without vtec are better.

Brew

Reaction score
Visit site
I've actually looked into motorcycle shipping a while ago. 1k miles was around $500.

Can always drive down here with a friend and pick the bike up. I've driven 1k miles in one day with bike on the trailer. Tiring.. but for a great deal I'd do it :D

I sold my 08 Goldwing to a Guy from New Jersey, he drove straight thru the night with a trailer, was in Wisconsin at about 9am, took it for a test drive, paid me, loaded it up and drove back. I don't think I could do that anymore, the longest I drove was 25 hours down to Florida for Vacation with the family. After the trip back (another 25 hours) I said I'd never do that again...

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I so want a VFR but love the undertail exhaust of the newer ones but here earlier years such as this without vtec are better.

Yeah, Gen 6 VFR (the newer model) with undertail exhaust has chain-driven cams and VTEC.

Gen 5 (the one for sale) has gear-driven cams and no VTEC. When Gen 6 came out, every moto magazine said it was a step down from the Gen 5. :don'tknow:

Check out the dyno:

dynof.jpg

It's that nice even torque curve that gives this bike such great feel.

Here's one for FZ6

M4_FZ6_2004_Dyno.jpg

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike.

for a long time I have contemplated getting the VFR800 ( 6th gen) I like the ide of Vtec. Why waste gas if I am riding it easy in the city.

But from the reviews I read, it's not particularly good sport touring bike.

Still that V4 engine must be nice. i would love to test ride the 6th gen, alas no dealer will do it and it's hard to rent one.