FS: 1997 FZR600, Blue/White, 10,515 miles

tuningfork

Reaction score
Visit site
After 10+ enjoyable seasons I am selling my 1997 FZR600. Blue/White, only 10515 miles. Located in Northbridge, MA 01534.

$3200

To set up a viewing or for questions:
PM for my email address

The usual disclaimers:
- Sorry, no test rides.
- This is a used bike and therefore is sold AS-IS.
- I would prefer not to deal with shipping the bike.
- Cash/certified bank check for payment.
- Bike is also listed for sale at fzrarchives.com

Please contact me with any questions.

** DETAILS**
I am the original owner and only rider, having purchased the bike new in April 1998 from Cycle Design in Phillipston, MA. The bike has never been down/dropped and is in excellent cosmetic and mechanical condition. Always garaged/covered, never even ridden in rain. Obviously a clean title, which I have in my posession.

The bike will be sold with the following modifications installed:
-FOX Twin-clicker rear shock valved/sprung specifically for FZR600 and 140-180lb rider (700lb spring rate)
-Racetech 0.85 kg/mm linear-rate fork springs
-Racetech "goldvalve" cartridge fork emulators
-Custom-machined adjustable fork preload caps from JEM-Machine of Anaheim, CA
-Zero-Gravity Sport Touring windscreen
-Helibars bike-specific elevated clip-ons
-Bridgestone BT014 tires

All modifications were purchased new and installed by myself. All original parts are included (except for the old tires).

The carburetion, exhaust, and air filter are all stock. I have just completed a full teardown/cleaning/inspection of the carbs using Yamaha shop grade cleaner, and have set the floats to 22mm (confirmed with fuel level readings), and pilot screws to 3 turns (factory specifications). I installed new FactoryPro emulsion tubes and also new OEM pilot jets in the stock size. Numerous o-rings have been replaced. I installed new carb-to-intake mounting clamps, and a new OEM fuel filter. Carbs were then bench-synched and finalized with with motionpro mercury manometers. Bike is pulling ~200mm Hg vacuum at idle on all cylinders.

Bike starts/runs excellent at all rpm ranges and delivers 57+ MPG with premium unleaded.

Other major recent service history mileages:
~10k miles:
EBC Carbon Kevlar brake pads F+R, new DOT4 fluid.
full rebuild of fork...new OEM dust seals, oil seals, bushings, gaskets, 15WT oil.

~8k miles
BT014 tires F+R, stock front size, 150 rear
New Battery, VR, relay module, *all* new electrical bulbs including those in the cluster
Coolant flush/fill with OEM
OEM Thermostat
OEM spark plugs

Prior to that it was oil changes only, this has been a very reliable bike.

Here are a few pics just taken last night, I can provide the full resolution files on request, and will take additional shots this weekend.

IMGP0040.jpg

IMGP0052.jpg

IMGP0063.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Last edited: