For anyone still wondering if a FZ6 can power a heated jacket...

(none)

Not even here
Reaction score
Visit site
Fear not, it can easily ;) Just got my new Tourmaster Synergy heated jacket today and had to try it out. On high (cooking mode) it is supposed to pull 150 watts. I'd assume medium is 100w and low is 50w, but am not sure. The vests are rated a good bit lower though.

Quick background- I have LED voltage monitor on my '07 FZ6, stays green above 12.9v, amber above 12.6v, red above 12.1v. I also have 35w HID headlights, i have the dual light mod done, but have a switch to turn off the right light. I usually just run in the stock 1 light configuration. This mod saves me between 20w-50w(with the high beams). I also have symtec grip heaters which are supposed to pull 35w on high.

When cruising with the jacket on low, not an issue at all. At idle, the monitor will turn yellow, but once moving its back to green, good to go.

On the highway, even on high, no problem, steady green. Flip on the grip heaters to high with the jacket on high? Still good to go. This will probably only work if you are above 5k rpms or so, which is fine because you really won't need that much heat around town.

BUT, when i had the jacket on high, grip heaters on high, then turned on the 2nd headlight, we went from green to yellow to red :eek:. That's all she wrote. So you guys running halogen lights, especially both of them, might have an issue here.

All in all, its pretty much as i expected and hoped for, if you are moving along, you can stay pretty damned warm without any problems. It isn't a BMW that you can have everything on and 2 riders in full heated gear and the charging system barely breaking a sweat, but it'll do.

So far the coldest i've ridden in was a 35 mile trip to work at ~7F, with just heated grips (along with handlebar muffs) and lots of gear, and the coldest part of me was where the cold air was hitting my chest/arms. This jacket will be perfect for that.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting, I have the heated Vest version by Tourmaster. I usually keep mine in toasting mode and have had no issues with the battery.

I won't leave the house without it anymore. A must!

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
I have that same jacket liner, plus the gloves. I haven't had any issues - hell I can't even turn it up past LOW without halucinating after 5 minutes. Thanks for the write-up!