Follow my blog and SPOT to Jacksonville

agmom98

Navy mom
Reaction score
www.agmom98.com
Hey, all! I'm leaving tomorrow morning at o'dark thirty, riding west to Van Horn and doing a Saddle Sore 1000 (SS1000) along the way. I'll be staying in Van Horn a couple of nights then heading to Jacksonville for the annual Iron Butt Association party, which is usually held during Daytona Bike Week. On the way to JAX I'll be doing a SS2000.

You can follow along on my SPOT GPS locator unit: SPOT Trip Manager - Trip Viewer

I'll be posting regularly on my blog as well: 2009 Riding Year

githianki

Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck man and be safe!!! I have a SS1k planned for this year too!! Ill be checking in with you and your blog :rockon:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck Barb!

I was on your blog the other night and became a follower of it. I added that same feature after I saw yours.

Ride safe!

-bryan

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Barb,

Just saw your blog and post on MTF. Glad to see everything is going well.

I have been watching Greg's blog since he left. He must be putting that wing in the wind! So far it seems as though all is going well.

Good luck on the rest of the run. Are you riding the SS2000 to Jax with Greg?

I dont think Barb posted a link to greg's blog. But he is going for a Trifecta, which is 3 BBG's in a row! He left the other morning from Jacksonville, headed to vanhorn texas. Where Barb did a SS1000 to, in order to be greg's witness. Greg has continued on into California, 750 miles, and has turned around to come back to van horn where barb will be waiting to be his witness again. That will complete two BBG's. Then the third is heading back to Jacksonville. That over 4500 miles in like 3 days I think.

You can track his progress here.

http://gregrice56.blogspot.com/

Best of luck to Barb and Greg. Stay Safe!

-byan

Last edited:

agmom98

Navy mom
Reaction score
www.agmom98.com
Thanks for following along, Bryan! When I logged in to update the blog last night I saw that you are now a "follower." Thanks for that, too!

Greg is doing great so far...you are correct in that he is doing 3 BBG's in a row, which is 4500 miles in 72 hours or less. As you can tell from his blog, he's now on the return leg of his 2nd BBG. Today I went for a ride up to Carlsbad Caverns and Guadalupe Mountains National Parks. Pretty day, and much warmer than it was yesterday.

Greg will depart for his 3rd BBG tomorrow morning around 2-3 AM. I will depart Van Horn probably at 5 AM and will need to go west to Lordsburg NM before turning around and heading east to Jacksonville to get the full 2,000 miles I need for a SS2000. We won't be riding together and he'll arrive in Jacksonville a half day sooner than I will.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for following along, Bryan! When I logged in to update the blog last night I saw that you are now a "follower." Thanks for that, too!

Greg is doing great so far...you are correct in that he is doing 3 BBG's in a row, which is 4500 miles in 72 hours or less. As you can tell from his blog, he's now on the return leg of his 2nd BBG. Today I went for a ride up to Carlsbad Caverns and Guadalupe Mountains National Parks. Pretty day, and much warmer than it was yesterday.

Greg will depart for his 3rd BBG tomorrow morning around 2-3 AM. I will depart Van Horn probably at 5 AM and will need to go west to Lordsburg NM before turning around and heading east to Jacksonville to get the full 2,000 miles I need for a SS2000. We won't be riding together and he'll arrive in Jacksonville a half day sooner than I will.

Ok. thanks for clearing that up.

Good luck and ride safe! Be sure to let us know when you get to Jax.

It would have been better had you been doing all this on the FZ.... im just sayin. LOL

-bryan

agmom98

Navy mom
Reaction score
www.agmom98.com
It would have been better had you been doing all this on the FZ.... im just sayin. LOL

-bryan

LOL! I agree! Actually, ergonomically, the FZ is more comfortable than the new BMW. If I'd been smart, I would have just bit the bullet and gotten a custom Bill Mayer seat for the FZ. Then I could have easily done this ride on her!

agmom98

Navy mom
Reaction score
www.agmom98.com
I made it to Jacksonville!! Woo hoo!

Greg was outside the hotel waiting to sign my finishing witness paper. He did great! Finished his BBG Trifecta with a couple hours to spare.