Fog

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hit some of the worst fog I've seen in San Diego this morning on my way to work. It was so bad I had to retreat home and take the cage. Not only did I have issues with the helmet shield fogging up, but the fog thickness was so great that I couldn't see traffic signals until I was only yards away.

I pulled off into a residential area and cleared the shield, then decided it wasn't worth the risk.

I'd rather ride in rain than fog. What a PITA.

Do you avoid riding in foggy situations? If not, what sorts of products do you use to keep from fogging up your shield?

Last edited:

Brandad

Reaction score
Visit site
I use Moto Solutions Fogtech on the inside of the visor, Really good stuff.

Still looking for a good RainX type of product for the outside of the visor - Moto Solutions reports they're coming out with an improved outside visor product soon.

I've lived in the southern San Joaquin Valley of California, and their winter fog is frequently bad like you experienced. I wouldn't make a habit of riding in that stuff, dangerous enough in a car. But now where I live near the coast, commuting from one side of the coastal range to the other, there's often some fog. But very rarely like you were describing. So usually it's just a short term nuisance of riding slower for a few miles.

westgoingzax

I ride a motorcycle
Reaction score
Visit site
I hit pretty bad fog this morning on the way to work too... but fortunately I think it was a little better south where I was. I think I had the hardest time once I got out of the fog and the sun was shining through my water spotted visor.

Glad you posted asking for suggestions 80s Dude Bryan.

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
I feel sorry for you guys having to deal with fog. I used to live in Mich. and then Oklahoma and I drove a car in the fog many, many days a year. I've been in NM for 13 yrs. and I've seen fog maybe 5 times!! It's a weird climate in this part of the desert! Going to ride the bike to work tomorrow at 45 deg. This will be the coldest I've ever ridden a bike! But the afternoon will be 69.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hit pretty bad fog this morning on the way to work too... but fortunately I think it was a little better south where I was. I think I had the hardest time once I got out of the fog and the sun was shining through my water spotted visor.

Glad you posted asking for suggestions 80s Dude Bryan.

:rockon: You know it!!

It was really weird. At my place it was clear and sunny. Once I got about half way, near the 56 freeway it was like a wall of clouds. Very dense, low-lying fog. I kept going for a bit but I couldn't see what was in front of me. I decided things would end up bad if I kept going.

I think the new heat wave will keep it from being foggy tomorrow. I hope. Because I don't like driving cars anymore. :D

Debaser

Reaction score
Visit site
I use Yoshimoto Fog-Off or S100 anti-fog spray depending on which shop I go to. Both work equally well, I just give the inside of my visor a spray and a wipe before I leave if it's cold and humid outside, and... no fog.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yet another nice foggy morning. This time I stopped at Starbuck's and waited it out. Burned off in about 45 mins. Had some coffee and used the wi-fi. :D

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Carmel Valley Rd. all the way to 56, then 5. About 6:30-ish By the time you left it was clear.