First triple digit heat 2008

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Got a bit toasty here in Vegas today, we hit 105 F, thats about 41 C. Suppose to get even hotter tommorow. I had to ditch my riding pants since they were not mesh:mad:. I ordered some from Cycle Gear this afteroon, hopefully, it will show up within the week.

phxtravis

Reaction score
Visit site
Same here...Went around town trying to find some fork seals, and when I got home my undershirt was pretty much soaked. I have a mesh jacket coming on tuesday, but not soon enough.

H

HavBlue

Sorry guys, we have to pay extra to get it in the 70's with no rain lately. Enjoy the heat....

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd trade you all this rain we've had over the last couple weeks for the heat any day. Of course I say that now, but I know if it were that hot here I would be bitching too.

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow toasting already! When we were there in August just the other year it was a roasting 43°C. So hot when I went to the R/C field at noon, people were packing up their heli's and going home. Guys were saying to me, Daryl, you wanna see us fly you gotta come out at 7:00AM in the morning. Who knew? At least one guy didn't disappoint....:thumbup:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow toasting already! When we were there in August just the other year it was a roasting 43°C. So hot when I went to the R/C field at noon, people were packing up their heli's and going home. Guys were saying to me, Daryl, you wanna see us fly you gotta come out at 7:00AM in the morning. Who knew? At least one guy didn't disappoint....:thumbup:

Looks like a Raptor 30 too me! Glad to see you're getting some flight time in.

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hah,hah, that wasn't me, just a local. Not sure how today's airport security handles helis as carry-on or check-in, even though guys do it heading to the XFC. ;)

J

jsteinb95

Got ya beat vegas, it was 109 here today. Just freaking miserable....can't do ANYTHING!!!!!!!!! :mad:

MrTurner

Reaction score
Visit site
I was getting all excited when we hit mid 20's the other week :eek:

Got any business analyst job over there and people happy to pay for relocation LOL

J

jsteinb95

hey vegas....you at least have cold water, right?? Our "cold" water comes out at 100 degrees in the summer :mad: There's no escaping the heat. Alot of people die out here in the summer. Some people don't have A/C. There was a lady that was found dead in a kiddie pool last summer....she obviously had no A/C.

I've been running the A/C, 24/7 for about 1 1/2 months now....nice healthy electric bill. :D

Denver_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
How does the FZ handle the heat? What kind of coolant temps are you seeing?
I've only done a little stop-n-go driving so far in upper 70 weather and kinda surprised to see coolant temps rise to the 200-205 range. Wondering how it will handle same traffic in 95+ weather.

J

jsteinb95

How does the FZ handle the heat? What kind of coolant temps are you seeing?
I've only done a little stop-n-go driving so far in upper 70 weather and kinda surprised to see coolant temps rise to the 200-205 range. Wondering how it will handle same traffic in 95+ weather.

I don't have an FZ6 :eek:

but my husband does and he has ridden it in 130 degree weather.....no complaints.

phxtravis

Reaction score
Visit site
In about 80-90f during stop and go, while stopped at a light, my temp gauge crept to 225(reading the from the top radiator hose).