First time with the passenger...

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Fellow FZ6ers....

Well this is my second season riding and yesterday was the first time I had a passenger on my bike. It was my sister. It was kind of weird first couple of minutes due to weight and overall not used to having anything behind my other than my backpack but it went very well. We did about an hour or riding, and she was so excited about the riding experience that she wanted to go a highway as well. So we went. Took her to a road that is only 50MPH speed limit. Max speed we were going was 52...LOL. I know ain’t anything but I did not want ride any faster just because. She was not scared or anything. I was kind of proud of her. She reminded me of myself and how much I was excited to ride a bike first time.
Anyone else has similar experience. Please share and good passenger pointers are always welcome.
Thanks...:thumbup:

adavi491

Reaction score
Visit site
My wife was my first passenger. The bike handles a lot different i'd say with a passenger. The turns need to be taken slower. I also found that the rpms needed to be slightly higher than normal in order to get the power (due to weight). I also no that the FZ has a weight limit of 400lbs.

adavi491

Reaction score
Visit site
BTW.... i almost got my nuts punched when i accelerated to show her the power....

"Honey do you want to feel power?" "yes" she answered. "gave it the beans (as the british say) and she started hitting and sqeezing me :)

I guess she didn't like the fast feel. So when she goes we just joy ride together.

Also make sure you spend money on good gear for her. Make her feel like she is important to you and that her safety is important. That always helps... although i noticed that my buddies GF was more concerned when she found out the gear she had to wear. We finally got her on a ride and she loved it. (he had a CBR600)

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
My daughter was 11 when she started riding with me - I also waited until I had one season of riding under my belt before carrying a passenger. She loved it and I even brought her to school on the bike when she was in High School! Riding together produced some of our best moments and memories together. She is all grown up now and I miss her riding with me. Enjoy having your sister ride with you for as long as it lasts, get her some good gear and instill the importance of safety - you will share the memories for years to come. :)

ironman

Reaction score
Visit site
The first time that I took my wife on the bike, she asked me if there was any way I could take the turns without leaning the bike over, cause it was really scary. Her helmet and gear are pretty dusty right now from sitting on a shelf in the garage.

She has never been on two wheelers much, but has gotten into mountain biking this spring and can thrash on it pretty well. maybe after getting used to leaning into turns on that she will feel more comfortable on the FZ.