First time moding

HUYGO

Reaction score
Visit site
This is my first time moding my bike. I've had it for 5 years and have been okay with it's look, but now it's time for change ;)

I like the sporty look more than the naked look. I wasn't satisfied with the standard fairing for the 2004-2006 fz6, the 2007+ is much cooler, but I managed to find a dealer that makes custum fairing more like the 2007 model. I just hope it looks as good in real life as from the picture I was shown. One picture from one angle =I

I haven't received the parts yet, but hopefully soon. No real photo's yet, but I've been photoshoppin a bit so I should end up with something like this.

www.huygo.dk/fz6/before.jpg
www.huygo.dk/fz6/after.jpg

The mods consists of:
Puig Double Bubble windsceen.
Custum made fiberglass fairing.
TCP Seat Cowl.
Rizoma Tail Tidy.
Rizoma Zero 11 LED Turn Indicators.
Laser Quad exhaust.

Lets see if I can stop after having done these mods... ;)

HUYGO

Reaction score
Visit site
Got first part in the mail.
The Puig Double Bubble Windscreen.

Easy install. Though I used some strip to seal along the edge of the screen by the lights, to avoid water getting in there.

Took it for a small spin to test the difference. I must say it's allot better than the stock screen. I'm 6.2 so the stock one is... well as useless as a wet towel.. but the Puig one pushed the wind up to the top of the helmet and the helmet pushed the rest around and above. I could even hear the sounds of the bike, which i normally cant above 40 mph.

PuigDb.JPG

HUYGO

Reaction score
Visit site
Took the bike to work today. Just about 40 miles. A little of it is highway and most of it freeway.

When driving on the highway it's a big difference, with the new windscreen.
On the freeway it's the same, but when hitting 90+ mph the wind will hit you further down. Top chest and up. Up til 80 mph its real nice. Maybe that will keep my speed a bit more legal. :p
Quite fitting really... the legal speed on the freeway is 80 here in Denmark.

eh89

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks awesome.... I want one:thumbup:
How is the visibility through it? Can you see at all, or is just a black wall?

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
that's a great site for us euro folk - thanks for that. oh and you convinced me about the windscreen as well (being 6'10" I have been cussing about the wind for a while now)....

HUYGO

Reaction score
Visit site
It's been a little longer in the making than I'd liked, but the bike is almost done now. I haven't received the last pipe for the laser exhaust system, so I still have the standard on right now, but here a picture of the result so far.

HUYGO-MC.jpg

And the weather is looking sweat for the next few weeks so :rockon:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
That fairing is awesome! Looks as good as the Yamaha '07+ one! Really good job. I hope it's not as close to the downpipes as it looks though!

Now you need to get those silver bits powder-coated black!