First Ride

bushboarder

moved on up
Reaction score
Visit site
I should start by saying I LOVE THIS BIKE! Picked up my '08 Raven FZ6 today. Put 40 miles on it and can't wait to get out on it tomorrow.
I'm going to have to make more time in my schedule for riding.

After reading some of the posts here, I was worried about the clutch being "snatchy" and having a short friction zone. I actually found the clutch to be quite smooth and easy to use. I surprised myself by not having any stalling issues. Haven't dropped the bike YET either.

The shifting from 1st to 2nd is very clunky, but I can live with that.

One question: When I turned the bike on for the first time, water dripped out of the exhaust at the muffler collar under the seat. Anyone else have this happen?

Did I say I LOVE THIS BIKE?

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
I should start by saying I LOVE THIS BIKE! Picked up my '08 Raven FZ6 today. Put 40 miles on it and can't wait to get out on it tomorrow.
I'm going to have to make more time in my schedule for riding.

After reading some of the posts here, I was worried about the clutch being "snatchy" and having a short friction zone. I actually found the clutch to be quite smooth and easy to use. I surprised myself by not having any stalling issues. Haven't dropped the bike YET either.

The shifting from 1st to 2nd is very clunky, but I can live with that.

One question: When I turned the bike on for the first time, water dripped out of the exhaust at the muffler collar under the seat. Anyone else have this happen?

Did I say I LOVE THIS BIKE?

Me too! I bought an '08 Raven today as well. I was also concerned after reading many comments about the abrupt throttle. It seems fine to me. At times it jerked me a bit but I am coming from a Ninja 250R so the instant power will take some getting used to.

Water coming out an exhaust pipe is pretty common IMO. You see it coming out car pipes all the time. I would assume it was just some condensation getting pushed out. The pipe gets hot then cold and add humidity in the air and there you go.

Tim

bushboarder

moved on up
Reaction score
Visit site
Me too! I bought an '08 Raven today as well. I was also concerned after reading many comments about the abrupt throttle. It seems fine to me. At times it jerked me a bit but I am coming from a Ninja 250R so the instant power will take some getting used to.

Water coming out an exhaust pipe is pretty common IMO. You see it coming out car pipes all the time. I would assume it was just some condensation getting pushed out. The pipe gets hot then cold and add humidity in the air and there you go.

Tim
Congrats! I hear what you're saying about the increase in power. I came off of a WR250R.
The water is coming from the seal where you would connect a slip-on exhaust on the bike. Shouldn't this seal be water/air tight?

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW! :welcome: 2 Ravens in one day:rockon:

We the "the faster than the fastest blue" need to stick together!

Welcome to the Raven pack:Sport:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry you have the wrong color-Red ones do not leak water!

Don't sweat the exhaust condensation. Ride it hard and it will blow out:)
Exhaust systems are designed to have places for water to drip out, you can try a wrench if it is loose

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well done gentlemen, very nice bikes. :thumbup:

Too bad the faster blue was discontinued in '07. I suppose too many tickets were written. :rolleyes: