First Ride on My New 2009 FZ6

Key5

Reaction score
Visit site
Picked it up from the dealer yesterday afternoon :D Deep blue, it's a gorgeous machine!

I rode it for about 50 miles. The bike is pretty much everything I expected it to be. I love the great upright seating position, the great handing, and how light it feels. I was surprised though, with it's torque. After reading reviews describing it as "gutless" down low, I figured I'd have to keep the revs up to get good power. That was not the case at all. This bike moves briskly. It pulls as good or better than my VFR. I'm sure after it's broken in I'll have a better idea of what it can do all over the rev range.

I like it better than my old bike everywhere except for vibration. I didn't expect it to be as smooth as my Interceptor, and the FZ didn't disappoint. But I knew that beforehand and I accepted it before I ever sat on the bike. After riding the FZ, it's not much of an issue. For everything else I like about this bike it's a small concession in my opinion. And hey, a motorcycle is not a sewing machine (well some motorcycles are) and you're not supposed to be totally comfortable on one. Whaddaya wanna fall asleep on the damn thing?

I love my new bike :) !!!

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations, I won't forget that felling of riding my blue 2009 FZ6 for the first time (from the dealer to my house) :rockon: on top that this is my very first bike:thumbup:

Just wait and see that difference when you get it past 8,000 RPM :rockon:

Ride safe and enjoy every single bit of it :thumbup:

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
thats my bike as well, congrats. Wont be soon before people call for your head since there are no posted pictures. lol

Key5

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright already! Photos will be posted this weekend :D. I haven't had time for pics, I'm too busy riding :Flash:!

Took her out today after work. She's a real gem. I'm really impressed with how smooth the tranny shifts! It's like buttah :). Found a "truck route" in the country just outside of Scott, LA - not too far from my hometown. I'm not sure what a truck route is but boy it had a lot of great turns and twists in it :rockon:.

Bike loved it. It kept going faster and leaning lower through the corners. It wasn't satisfied till it burned off it's chicken strips :D.

typehxr1

Reaction score
Visit site
Picked it up from the dealer yesterday afternoon :D Deep blue, it's a gorgeous machine!

I rode it for about 50 miles. The bike is pretty much everything I expected it to be. I love the great upright seating position, the great handing, and how light it feels. I was surprised though, with it's torque. After reading reviews describing it as "gutless" down low, I figured I'd have to keep the revs up to get good power. That was not the case at all. This bike moves briskly. It pulls as good or better than my VFR. I'm sure after it's broken in I'll have a better idea of what it can do all over the rev range.

I like it better than my old bike everywhere except for vibration. I didn't expect it to be as smooth as my Interceptor, and the FZ didn't disappoint. But I knew that beforehand and I accepted it before I ever sat on the bike. After riding the FZ, it's not much of an issue. For everything else I like about this bike it's a small concession in my opinion. And hey, a motorcycle is not a sewing machine (well some motorcycles are) and you're not supposed to be totally comfortable on one. Whaddaya wanna fall asleep on the damn thing?

I love my new bike :) !!!

Key5....so many similarities to your original post that I don't know where to begin. First off, today I bought a new '09 FZ6, albeit a black one. I was on my way to the Honda dealership but made a stop at Yamaha along the way. I chose it over an '05 Interceptor w/ABS. My feelings were the same about the low end of the power band (nice surprise). As a former cbr600rr owner, all I'd ever heard was that Yamaha's were more fun on the track than the street. Lastly, I was born and lived my whole life in Lafayette until moving with the wife to the west side of Houston last year.

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Good review, pretty much sums up what I like about the FZ6 (well, except the color ;) ). It'll really come alive after break in. The more you ride it the better it gets. My only chronic dislike has been the big "clunk" from 1st to 2nd, but you get used to that. Congrats!

Key5

Reaction score
Visit site
typehxr1,

Wow small world huh? I moved away to North Alabama a good while back but came back home 2 years ago. I miss the roads up there. Real close to Tennessee and the foothills of the Appalachians. The riding was awesome.

Thanks to all for the friendly welcome :thumbup: