First Ride on FZ6 - Impressions

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats, welcome again, and enjoy your long honeymoon (mine's been going 4 years now and hasn't let up yet!) :rockon::rockon::rockon:

vkray

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I just have to add my 2cents, Blue is most deffinitely the fastest, just ask anyone with a blue bike.. I have hdas mine only two days and I have ridden her about 200 miles already. Some things I noticed right away was how easy the bike is to handle, Its like riding in a rockin chair so smooth, I dont know about everyone else but ts the best riding bike Ive owned. And I have owned a few. Very little effort involved. As far as the buzz, what buzz!!! My last bike was a Kawsaki Concours, now that bike has a serious buzz, my hands were always going to sleep, that is just one of the reasons I dont own her anymore.:cheer::cheer::cheer:

rexbaum

Reaction score
Visit site
REVIEW CONTINUED:

Once the odometer hit 200, I ramped up the riding a bit. I have not hit 9000 RPM yet and have not held it above 7000 for an extended period of time.

Having said that, when I approached my home today (right at about 300 miles), I noticed that she was MUCH SMOOTHER that she was with 2 miles on the odometer!!! :thumbup: I know everything will settle in as the miles begin to build, and with this change, I really look forward to what lays ahead.

The question of the day:

WHY DID YAMAHA STOP PRODUCTION ON THIS BIKE? (don't say because of the 800, that isn't gonna float. This bike is awesome)

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i do really think that its because you can only increase the price of a bike soo much before there wont be much demand.. so you introduce a "lower cost" platform to takes its place.. the fz8 is probably ment for a different "class" of bike.. still sucks about the fz6 though...

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think sales in the US were starting to dwindle and most of the bikes being sold were sold for well under MSRP. Now, the MSRP was very low to begin with, so I do think Yamaha was not making money on it. Overall, a great bike.