First real rideout of the year.

Morrisey

Reaction score
Visit site
No ice, no rain, no snow and with a forecast for a sunny day with a scorching temperature of 12c/52f it was time to try out the rebuilt 98 Fazer. Accompanied by a VFR, we managed over 200 clicks on some of the finest roads that Wales has to offer, the old girl did me proud sounded sweet and never missed a beat. Next trip for the old girl - an 800 mile Scotland round trip.:thumbup:

This is the route we took, drop the street view man on the A470 above Blaenau Ffestiniog (what a setting).
First ride of the year - Google Maps

PS. Her Majesty's finest normally patrol these roads with vigour - Saturday they were nowhere to be seen which was very welcome indeed:D

5439790520_62cd1046ca_z.jpg

romlin

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good. I wanted to go for my first run of the year at the weekend. But ended up having to work it. It looks like the weather is going to get **** for the next week.

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice shot...:rockon:

Ive gotten out a couple times this month...Weather has been cold on this side of the globe too. No snow though...:thumbup:

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
You missed the Ponderosa just up the 494 towards Ruthin- great food for bikers and always some there

All the roads in Wales are good for bikers ... or will be when they finish fixing thr potholes

I live farther down in Wales but we occassionally get up that far- there are less of ' her majesty's finest' down where I live and as long as you keep an eye in your mirrors for taupe Volvo C70 estates with double wing mirrors you are OK...

Last edited by a moderator:

KDN

Reaction score
Visit site
So jealous!
Here in Nova Scotia, we are still getting pounded with snow!!!

I just stare at my (new to me) 2006 FZ6. My first bike, and purchased in January....it has been a very very LONG winter so far.

Waiting for above freezing temps and no salt on the road.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No ice, no rain, no snow and with a forecast for a sunny day with a scorching temperature of 12c/52f it was time to try out the rebuilt 98 Fazer. Accompanied by a VFR, we managed over 200 clicks on some of the finest roads that Wales has to offer, the old girl did me proud sounded sweet and never missed a beat. Next trip for the old girl - an 800 mile Scotland round trip.:thumbup:

This is the route we took, drop the street view man on the A470 above Blaenau Ffestiniog (what a setting).
First ride of the year - Google Maps

PS. Her Majesty's finest normally patrol these roads with vigour - Saturday they were nowhere to be seen which was very welcome indeed:D

5439790520_62cd1046ca_z.jpg

Seriously, Blaenau Ffestiniog with no rain? Come on, it's not April fools!

I'm Welsh and it ALWAYS rains there ;)

Nice pic

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
I have managed a few commutes and a run last Saturday but the roads are still greasy round here and not a lot of fun.

No chance to get any temperature into your tyres and mine are still a little slippy if you lean over. Need some dry road days and the chance to get them scrubbed in properly

On leave tomorrow and maybe have a run out in the morning if it is not too cold- if not it is 10 miles into work and 40 miles home ... you know how it is not the evenings are drawing out a bit

Morrisey

Reaction score
Visit site
Seriously, Blaenau Ffestiniog with no rain? Come on, it's not April fools!

I'm Welsh and it ALWAYS rains there ;)

Nice pic

It rains there for 364 days of the year - i think we were just lucky.:D

I'm back down Blaenau on Sunday albeit underground, so it can rain all it likes!!

I have managed a few commutes and a run last Saturday but the roads are still greasy round here and not a lot of fun.

No chance to get any temperature into your tyres and mine are still a little slippy if you lean over. Need some dry road days and the chance to get them scrubbed in properly

On leave tomorrow and maybe have a run out in the morning if it is not too cold- if not it is 10 miles into work and 40 miles home ... you know how it is not the evenings are drawing out a bit

The forecast is positively tropical in Welsh Wales tomorrow - give it a blast!

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
I am off now - heading over the tops to Abergavenny bus station for a coffee and a suasage sandwich and then maybe Chepstow to Monmouth for chips if I have time and the contractor doesnt phone me early for a meeting on site.... on my day off- it just never stops does it and then off to Wiltshire tonight..... but in the car

Looks still greasy out there and there is a lot of fresh slippy tarmac here in Powys after the winter salting and pothole repairs- lots of overbanding and repairs carried out with the back of a navvies shovel instead of a Bomag