First road trip of the year

Hobbesca

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just finished a minor road trip, first one of the year on the new bike. Still loving the FZ6 glad I came back to one. Clunky gear box, bizarre headlight setup "hey man is your bike winking at me" literally the best comment i have had in the last little while, all of that I can live with.

Numb hands, well that aint cool. My new bike is a 2009 and my 2006 didn't have this problem, my hands were numb and the palms of my hands hurt. borrowed a friends wifes CBR125, and it had better grip. although it had a mildly vulgar vibration in the seat when it was maxed out ... no comment on why she likes it. :ban:

I have been reading through some posts here and the census seems to be FZ1 bars, but a few posts about the FZ6R bars. Heres the issue, i gotta paint my house this year so I can sell and move to Vancouver Island (where i work, and drive a F350 ... not fun). Is there a quick and dirty option I can get away with for the next 2 - 3 months. Pretty sure if I buy more bike stuff I may be in trouble with the wife. She wasn't to amused with the new lid ....:spank:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Having tried both bars now, I would recommend FZ6R.. and it's not that expensive.. only about 40 USD. It's not really a mod, it's more of a critical investment in wrist health :D

It won't do anything for vibration, but wrist position will be much more natural and comfortable.

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
I know a member on here (don't remember who) had help of a welder to bend the stock handlebars to a lesser angle. This is on my list of things to try this summer some time.

Edit: Here's the thread. Link

Last edited: