First naked highway ride.

vinmansbrew

Reaction score
Visit site
I have never had an issue with textile. The weight of leather kinda sucks. it might not weigh much more but it sits like it does. My textile jacket keeps me warm enough till about 40 degrees or so, at 70+ mph and is not overly hot till 90 or so. I just keep it partly unzipped while in slow traffic.
A jacket should fit well but waist adjustment goes a long ways to holding a jacket in place. Never had it climb up my back.

I am used to naked riding though. My CB has no wind protection at all and you sit straight upright. I think I would rather have that then the wind blasting me in the chest after hitting the little shorty screen on the fizzer!

You should all try riding a long distance behind a windjammer fairing. They might be heavy and ugly nowadays but they are nice to sit behind.

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
Tested it out yesterday, with all the adjustments and maybe I'm getting used to it, but it felt a lot better. Although now I have other issues I have to fix :confused:

HappyHighwayman

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm glad you made this post because I binned my bike last week and to repair it I am converting it to naked. I commute 20 miles on the highway with it so I was concerned with the aerodynamics.

I usually ride no faster than 80 MPH but the winds can be terrible on the stretch of 101 between Foster City and San Francisco.

I suppose I could always get a bolt on windscreen or the recommended naked windscreen.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
as an experiement i took the givi screen off my fz6n

main difference i have noticed is that you feel the wind quite strongly on your chest over 100 unless you really tuck down. It is a bit quieter though, normally wind noise becomes noticible an issue around 40-50 with a screen and no ear plugs.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
What's a good bolt on windscreen for FZ6N?

None?? :D
Only screen that LOOKS good on the FZ6n (S1 version) to me is the DPM screen... And it's just to mask that big round Speedo :D

f36lol.jpg

Grtz,

Degake

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
That is not in fact a windscreen.

You'd think there'd be an after market one for the N bikes.

I know it's not an actual windscreen.....
There are quite a few aftermarket windscreens available (Fabbri, Puig, Ermax, Poli Design, ...)
But non of the windscreens (either OEM or aftermarket) look good on that beautifull FZ6n headlight :drool:

Grtz,

Degake

Last edited:

crowelor

Reaction score
Visit site
Getting low helps, but you mention vents on your jacket. Opening the vents will definitely help with the billowing/riding up of your jacket. In the winter when I have to have mine zipped up, mine billows badly. If it wasn't zipped to my pants, it would expose quite a bit of skin.

As far as bugs...that's an issue you'll have to continually deal with on a naked bike. Here's a picture after a couple of hours of early morning(in the dark) riding up in east Texas.

HappyHighwayman

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a feeling once I get my nakified bike back I'll be riding slower on the commute.

My co-worker uses his BMW R1200GS as his touring bike and then got an Aprilia Shiver 750 as his commuter but hated the naked-ness and so just got a 4TH bike (he also has a KTM 450), a Suzuki Bandit 1250S.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
As far as bugs...that's an issue you'll have to continually deal with on a naked bike. Here's a picture after a couple of hours of early morning(in the dark) riding up in east Texas.

What did you expect, riding with such a helmet :BLAA:

Grtz,

Degake

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
I know it's not an actual windscreen.....
There are quite a few aftermarket windscreens available (Fabbri, Puig, Ermax, Poli Design, ...)
But non of the windscreens (either OEM or aftermarket) look good on that beautifull FZ6n headlight :drool:

Grtz,

Degake

I have the puig one for my bike, i don't think it looks too bad, though i agree the bike looks better naked

Last edited: