Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Pete,
Great that your okay! Yeah... sore now but you did like the warriors do and got right back on!

Interesting how you got the top of the front fender into his rear tire?

That track is bumpy! :eek:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Much of the bumpyness of the video is from the tail section. It is very light weight and flexes a lot so that is much of what we are seeing. Also the mount for the camera is about 5 inches tall so you are also seeing the sway of the arm, compounded by the tail. Regardless, the track has become very bumpy from the cars braking, etc.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Pete,
For the sake of learning from this experience and learning about the gear and how it held up...

Can you estimate (I know your speedo was covered) how fast you were going?

What gear specifically were you wearing? And how do you feel it performed? Is it all re-usable at this point?

I'm not surprised you feel more sore the second day; most people do.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay Dr. Rob, we got problems. About an hour after the crash I felt a pull where my right lat connects at the base of the ribs. I just sneezed and I felt a knife shoot through my rib at that location, and the muscle has been spasming. This happened about 15 minutes ago. I've had several broken ribs before and my guess is that the sneeze popped the cracked rib the rest of the way. However the spasm makes me think it may be soft tissue instead. I've not felt pain like this in years, very sharp, not dull. What do you think?

And I was planning on doing body work tonight, I think it will be Netflix instead.

Gear wise:

1) Helmet, Shoei RF1000, trash.
2) Leathers: Dainese Laguna, repair to shoulder area required, ~$75.00
3) Gloves: AlpineStar GP Tech, Knuckle area, and finger join area plastic slider/guard is almost worn away, palms are like new. Okay for street, trash for the track.
4) Boots: AlpineStar SMX R, slight wear on toes sliders, no issues
5) Back Protector: Knox Aegis 7, no problems
6) Chest Protector: Knox, no problems

I was probably going 60 to 65 when I crash. I remember my head hitting the ground, and I think my right shoulder hit at the same time. Then I tumbled and I don't recall any of that.

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dang Pete! Glad you're (sort of) okay after that. Even though you're banged up, it still sounds like a better outcome than last time...

Thanks Travis, that is for sure! I broke all of my left ribs the time before! That sucked.