Fire owns Angeles Crest

xj750_Pete

Young Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
The fire here in Southern California has been going on for some time now, but I didn't know how big it was until i read this article. The only two mountain roads close to me are Angeles Crest and Azusa Canyon and they are both going through a fire. The only other road that I know with some decent curves is Mulholland Drive. Just curious, do you any of you in the LA area know any decent roads other than the ones mentioned?

FIRE

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
Well my friend, you are in need of some schooling if those are the only two roads you know :D

Pashnit.com is a great resource, but most areas require paid subscription.
Pashnit Ridemap

There are a lot of great rides on the North side of the hill. Boquet Canyon to Elizabeth Lake Rd, then Lake Hughes back to the 5. On the way there Sand Canyon or the back side of Angeles Crest (Upper Big Tujunga) is also very fun -but the fires might be in the way right now.

In Malibu you have Stunt->Sheuren->Piuma loop back to Mulholland Hwy, Latigo, Decker/Rt. 23, Yerba Buena, etc...

North of that you have Hwy 33 from Ojai to Ventacoupa then Cerro Noroeste back to the 5. Epic.

Sooo many rides, and lot's of variation and exploration possible for each. I can give you more specific routes or info if you are curious about any particular area.

stealthyman

Reaction score
Visit site
So true. I'm going to miss the fresh smell of pine in the morning I used to get heading up Tujunja Canyon. As soon as the fire is out, I'll take a ride to check it out. Meanwhile, I've been riding on Mullholland Drive from the 101 Fwy to the 405 Fwy. I live in Burbank.