Hikers found!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Two people, a male and female went out hiking and got lost. They found the male yesterday and the female today. Both are dehydrated etc but okay.

This hit close to home because I watched the helicopters from my nephew's house this week while I was doing some electrical work for him. He lives in Trabuco Canyon and the hiking area they were in is like in their back yard. I was really worried for these kids cuz besides going hungry and without water, night temps drop and there are mountain lions in these areas. I feel really good that they found them! :)

Los Angeles News, Local News, Politics, Sports, Tech, Breaking News | NBC Southern California

Lisa (wife) and I hiked in the desert on Monday and although not to far from our car we lost sight of it very quickly. Beside GPS I carry a Spot GPS locator that can track and do help or SOS with canned messages through satellite uplinK.

I have it on all our forum rides as well because you never know when you're out of cell tower range in these areas.

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Saw it on the news down here too, its national news in the states.

The girl in particular, was very lucky they found here she was in such bad shape on that cliff (no pun intended).:thumbup: