Finally!!!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Any other mods you have to do in order for those to fit on your bike?

I was thinking that you would have to get the fender eliminator kit or something.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations! I'm jealous too.

I'm soooo close to making a decision between these and 2bros.... It's down to: lasers look better but don't have the same growl, and 2bros don't look as unique but have that sound. Ooooh that sound...

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
They come with their own FE, but it's not great. I had used the FAZR FE from SBN which works great.

Price is higher than what I paid for from fosterrad.com... probably due to the exchange rate (worse today), but did you call Robert @ fosterrad.com to ask about the "online forum" discount for the quads? They are great ppl and should beat the above price since they are the main distributor for Laser in the US, and everything goes through them...

Oblinox

Reaction score
Visit site
They come with their own FE, but it's not great. I had used the FAZR FE from SBN which works great.

Price is higher than what I paid for from fosterrad.com... probably due to the exchange rate (worse today), but did you call Robert @ fosterrad.com to ask about the "online forum" discount for the quads? They are great ppl and should beat the above price since they are the main distributor for Laser in the US, and everything goes through them...

i actually got a killer deal 685 shipped!! i think they had a pricing error last night when i orderd em but heh.. good 4 me! :spank:

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site

mine didn't come with a FE - they came with a little bar that fit between the middle pipes and supports the stock fender. That said I also put a FAZR6 FE on at the same time as the exhaust and it works nice. Pic of fender support attached.

Oblinox

Reaction score
Visit site
mine didn't come with a FE - they came with a little bar that fit between the middle pipes and supports the stock fender. That said I also put a FAZR6 FE on at the same time as the exhaust and it works nice. Pic of fender support attached.

how hard was it to install? any tips for me?
ive done full exhaust systems on a car and i did a yoshi for my friends 08 busa

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
how hard was it to install? any tips for me?
ive done full exhaust systems on a car and i did a yoshi for my friends 08 busa

Not hard but tedious - lots of sub-assembly work to do. My one big tip would be to actually read the instructions all the way through before you do anything. It would avoid moments like - "oh I was supposed to leave the blue plastic film on the clamps - too late now"

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Congrats!

Congrats on the laser quads. I love the ones on my bike. Very cool sounding and very unique looking.

I have a slight interference/rubbing issue with the license plate light and the piece above it. I'm running the FAZR6 FE Kit. It hasn't really irritated me enough yet to engineer a solution.

Oblinox

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Congrats!

*****UPDATE***************
its been 7 weeks since this order was placed with foster rad and i keep getting the runaround... i called the other day the new word is my exhaust is in customs and i will have it in 2 weeks... i am willing to wait since i really want it but i am very disapointed in foster rad seems like they really dont care about their customers.. horrible...

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site

Robert treated you badly? That's surprising...

The fact that Laser factory is in the UK and that it takes them forever to ship to their main US distributor (Fosterrad) has nothing to do with Fosterrad/Robert.

If Robert and his team don't answer your questions and you feel they don't care about you, then that's not right. Let us know if they treat you badly and we'll post a bad review and let them know about it.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sure seems difficult to find even mediocre customer service these days.:shakehead::disapprove:

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
I've talked to Robert twice on the phone now and both times I felt I was valued, even tho all I want to buy from them is a sub 20 dollar part. I didn't get a response from my email however, nor did I feel very good with the receptionist. That's just me tho.

Perhaps they're handling the tough times as many places are (I'm guessing) and are trying to do things with a shortened staff. So when the volume is big (however sporadic that may be) things get hectic. I had to remind myself to be patient. My overall experience has been good. Once I receive the part I'm sure I'll be ecstatic. :D

Oblinox

Reaction score
Visit site

Robert treated you badly? That's surprising...

The fact that Laser factory is in the UK and that it takes them forever to ship to their main US distributor (Fosterrad) has nothing to do with Fosterrad/Robert.

If Robert and his team don't answer your questions and you feel they don't care about you, then that's not right. Let us know if they treat you badly and we'll post a bad review and let them know about it.

i just keep getting the runaround.. if someone told me 9 weeks that would be cool at least i would know when i am getting it.. they told me 2 weeks then.. 4 weeks then.. 6 weeks now its 7 and i am told 2 more.. that my issue i just want some kind of accurate date/week ? maybe i am asking to much :confused:

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds just like my experience so maybe Laser are to blame.

I ordered the quads for mine a couple of months after I bought it in 2004. Three months later I was still waiting. I called Yamaha and asked them to cancel them and get me Akrapovics, they were on the bike the next day.

Oblinox

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds just like my experience so maybe Laser are to blame.

I ordered the quads for mine a couple of months after I bought it in 2004. Three months later I was still waiting. I called Yamaha and asked them to cancel them and get me Akrapovics, they were on the bike the next day.

dont tell me that :(

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure this is helpful but...
Recently I bought two packages of the same item from two slightly different areas in the states.
One was not tracked, but more expensive shipping (to here in Aus)
The other was tracked and slightly cheaper product and shipping.

The non tracked item took 7.5 weeks, at which point the local post office told me it was probably gone for good, and it arrived 2 days later.
The tracked item took 6 days (including weekend days).
Both where USPS.

The seller should be able to let you know when it has been shipped, if it hasn't been shipped yet then you have a problem. You should also have a tracking number that you can check on.
If they didn't have the item in stock to start with they should have let you know, and you should have been told of any possible delays.
The excuse about them needing to order the part really doesn't cut it since that should be the first thing they communicate when they sell you the item. If they don't have it in stock they can't actually guarantee the delivery or even the sale.