Finally registered! Just bought 2008 FZ6

ScooterAddict

Reaction score
Visit site
I am a member on numerous motorcycle forums. I think forums are a great resource to get a barometer reading on the info you are seeking. I have owned about 45 different motorcycles and scooters . In my earlier years of motorcycling, I was a mileage junky. I used to ride a lot and loved long distance rides. Now at my age (60's) my body is catching up with me. I have had a lot of genres of bikes. BMW, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamahas. This FZ6 is probably the sportiest bike I have ever owned. I've had Sport touring bikes, (R1100RS, K100RS, K75S) but nothing like this FZ6.. Have not had an
Inline 4 in a long time. I love the smoothness and power it has. I had to ride it home 250miles and I enjoyed it. First two tankfuls I got over 50mpg. Exceeded my expectations.

Anyhow, I'm pleased to be on this forum. My background is 7yrs in USCG Aviation and over 30yrs as an owner and driver of tractor-trailer trucks. I am now retired.

Scott

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrates and welcome to the forum! Great name too!!!

I'm just shy of you in age and also have been thru many bikes (no BMW's). I sold my FJR, Goldwing, KLR 250 after I bought my FZ6.

I bought the FZ as a "beater" to replace the KLR. I ended up fixing it up and selling everything else.

It's by far my favorite bike....

With the chillier weather down down here, 50'sF, It's running REALLY smooth, (best ever actually with 23,000 miles on the clock).

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum! I think you will find we have a great group here! :)

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the FZ6 and to the forum! There's a ton of great folks here, glad to help with so many aspects of the bike, riding and life in general.

Look forward to some pics!