Finally happy with the fix

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Sup All,

Well two weeks ago I have called the dealer and complained about my bike shuting off when u rev it. The idle was below 1100RPM, and it did not run as smooth as she needed to. Called the yamaha dealer, gave them a vin# and they pulled the info, and it stated TPS recall and nut sprocket washer kit.
Took it to the dealer, work was done the same day and there is problem. The bike was bucking front and back at crusing speeds and the idle was above 1400RPM. I was not happy at all man.
Called the dealer back, brought the bike back, and 3 days later they called me that the bike was fixed. I picked her up and boy was I happy. WOW is all I had to say. TPS sencor that they put in was no good, that was changed, no more shuting off, idle was fixed and constant at 1320RPM. And since they messed up the first time they were nice enought to put her on the dyno, and mapped the bike to the optimal performance thru power commander I have, and damn she has a much greater pick up, throtle response is awesome. And she even sounds great to.
Over all happy camper her. Taking her out for a spin today. Nice weather in Jersey, sunny and 69 deg. Yeahh...:cheer:

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I see your from NJ -- any chance you brought the bike here? Xtreme Machines 700 HWY 33 Millstone NJ 732-786-9696

I had my TPS recall performed at this shop and still had TPS issues (discussion for a later time) that they wouldn't investigate.

Hey,

No I actually got it done thru Hanover Powerstort Dealer on route 10 in Hanover NJ. When they put new TPS in they did not reset the internal TPS sensor computer. Call them back and have them fix this. Not cool if they do not. I hope they do man. Good luck. Since they messed up first time, they were nice enough to put it on dyno and map it right with my PCIII and she is happy with the result, and so I am.