Finally got my scorpion exhaust on today

twobob1

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't believe how much of a different sounding bike it is with the baffles out I love it! It completes everything I wanted to do on the bike now other than some new levers.

That sound in second gear when you hover at rolling traffic pace :Flash:

Certainly puts a smile on my face.

Anyone noticed a slight lag upto power at 2-3k in low gears? I know the fz6 has a dead spot about there but not sure if it has increased the lag now I have the pipes on. It seems so a little bit.

IMG_7360.jpg

bigborer

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
IMO, comparing my FZ6 with leo vince exhuast vs another stock FZ6, the low rev pull is actually a bit stronger with the aftermarket exhaust. And most dyno power curves done before/after upgraded exhausts tell the same story.

However, unless you're in 1st gear, 2k is no place to be accelerating from on a motorcycle, let alone a l4 600. Heck, unless it's a diesel, even for regular cars 2k is under revved under many circumstances.

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you took the db killers out, can you tell me what size the bolts were that hold them in?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't believe how much of a different sounding bike it is with the baffles out I love it! It completes everything I wanted to do on the bike now other than some new levers.

That sound in second gear when you hover at rolling traffic pace :Flash:

Certainly puts a smile on my face.

Anyone noticed a slight lag upto power at 2-3k in low gears? I know the fz6 has a dead spot about there but not sure if it has increased the lag now I have the pipes on. It seems so a little bit.

View attachment 68976

My 2007 with open Scorps, I don't feel any dead spot at all, pretty even pull till it hits the higher rev range.

While the engine is still cold, I keep RPM's around 2k-2500 till warmed up (of course without lugging).

My bike will easily (on flat ground), get rolling and maintain with just some clutch feathering and NO throttle..

And plus one on the sound, I absolutely love the sound if these pipes...

twobob1

Reaction score
Visit site
Lol the length I knew there was something I missed, yes its def m6 as I found 2 nuts to temporarily secure the screws in the baffles so I don't lose them like you have :)