Fightahstyle! the visions fighter build

visions

THAT guy
Reaction score
Visit site
is that a custom swing arm and if not where did you get it from?

:ban: :ban: :ban: :spank: :spank:

lol jk. but that question has already been asked and answered:
swingarm is from a 2003-2005 R6 or any R6S...

but will require a lot of fabrication to make the suspension work

visions

THAT guy
Reaction score
Visit site
ugh, the tank is rusting under the clear coat. i read a lot about this happening, i guess i will be stripping it again then doing a faux metal paint job

7987193907_13bf3d6d1d_c.jpg

7987194217_70b03f5513_c.jpg

visions

THAT guy
Reaction score
Visit site
I pulled the tank back off today, removed the cap and fuel pump (pain in the ass) since i cant do the brushed look right ive now got to decide on getting plating it plated in nickel or maybe chromed, powdercoated... maybe even do a crazy paint job on it

also took the DR350 out for its first spin today, wont idle without the choke and it's pretty rough running all around, but with a little work and a rewire for the lights & signals it should be road worthy soon

edit: what are your guys thoughts on these? mainly the ducati shows how it would look on our tank

Last edited:

visions

THAT guy
Reaction score
Visit site
i decided to go with a black base coat and "a clear coat with a fine blue, purple and silver metallic flake" as described by the company, that way it blings but not too hard. man i wish the tank was aluminum and i could just rock it bare, ah well

visions

THAT guy
Reaction score
Visit site
here's one all you naked folks can vibe- fz1 radiator covers. of course they don't bolt straight on so youll have to get creative mounting them.

here are the 4 possible positions:

a3upytu8.jpg

su8aneba.jpg

amady7er.jpg

abady2yp.jpg

Wearyeyed

Reaction score
Visit site
Ha! awesome. Hello, and, again, welcome to the Aperture Science Computer-Aided Enrichment Center.

I just saw your profile, got pics of your CB700S??

No, sold it about this time last year...forgot to update profile.

She was rough, but ran like a champ...we say around here, "The Honda ran like a sewing machine, the Yamaha *sounds* like a sewing machine."

In any case, I am quite mesmerized by your project...keep up the good work; there's cake, after all....

zacbkennedy

Reaction score
Visit site
do you think there is a shock out there that would fit with the fz6 frame and r6 swing arm? i want to do this so bad but not sure if i can handle that much fab work. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

visions

THAT guy
Reaction score
Visit site
do you think there is a shock out there that would fit with the fz6 frame and r6 swing arm? i want to do this so bad but not sure if i can handle that much fab work. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

unfortunately not, the fz6 has the shock offset to the left (to allow for the undertail exhaust to sneak past in the center) changing the swingarm will require new exhaust and upper and lower shock mount to be fab'd since the shock is centered on the r6 swinger

charleso47

Reaction score
Visit site
Any update on this awesome build!? I really want to install an r6 swingarm on my 05 fz6and I love the seat! but I dont have the tools to custom fab the mounts for the shock or seat yet.