Votes: 251 78.4%
  • Don't ruin your bike.

Votes: 69 21.6%

• Total voters

FazerNYC

Reaction score
Visit site
Jeez, little harsh, huh?

Hey, it looks better than stock, and it was cheaper than the FAZR6 FE, although I do like the looks of that one better. I can always drill holes in the license plate and mount it up higher. Changing the signals is also easy. Again, if the cops don't like it, it is easily changed. I just haven't gotten around to mounting it up.

I guess I was a little harsh. I should know better than to post early in the morning (cranky). But I still don't like the look of that FE.

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
Everyone called me a noob until I got one. Whats funny is I was. I just hate the floppy turn signals. You should do it........ unless your a noob :justkidding:

mib7289

Reaction score
Visit site
I think after all this i will look harder for one like people are talking about that are a little cheaper. Thanks for everyone's feedback.

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
I think after all this i will look harder for one like people are talking about that are a little cheaper. Thanks for everyone's feedback.

If you are looking for something that is cheaper, you may want to go with my FE

It took 45 minutes to make/install and only cost me 25 cents. :D

here it is. If people express an interest into doing this mod, I will create a write up for it

Luiz

Reaction score
Visit site
If you are looking for something that is cheaper, you may want to go with my FE

It took 45 minutes to make/install and only cost me 25 cents. :D

here it is. If people express an interest into doing this mod, I will create a write up for it

Yes please do! I love your turn signals too. Where did you get those

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't care for the look of the one in the OP's ebay link. There was a thread somewhere of someones FE cracking where it's cut out FZ6, it was an aluminum one and got stress cracks.

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright, I will make a write up, although I will not be able to show step by step pictures do to myself being in Iraq and that I have already done the mod, but it was pretty simple so they should not be needed :D

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes please do! I love your turn signals too. Where did you get those

I got them at my local Cycle Gear shop for 20 bucks for the two. They are extremely bright, but i had to go buy resistors to bring them back down to not blink so fast. Luckily I know a little about electronics and was able to custom do the resistors for 2 bucks to brink the blink rate back to normal

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking about it and wasn't sure if I wanted to do it yet so I did my own mod to clean up the bulky stock turn lights and replaced them with leds from cycle gear and added a led tail light as well while keeping the stock plate light and fender. Heres the pic and video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3a6lCpXSw8]YouTube - FZ6 with aftermarket Led tail and integrated turn signals[/ame]

adumb

Reaction score
Visit site
i can't believe some of you actually like the look of the stock unit... i don't think it could look any worse if they tried... the thing is huge.

with that said much like a couple other people have posted the fz6r(i think that is it's name) looks and mounts up mint and it honestly looks like it could come from the factory with it.... definately worth the 45 or so bucks i paid for it.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not excited about FE either. WTF? I thought fenders were progress. I dunno, sometimes, I think that if FZ6 came factory with stock FE then mod riders wound convert to a "fender conversion."

Tallfry

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a FE on my bike and I like the way is looks much better. I bought mine off of Ebay from a guy who makes them himself. They are very well made and works with the stock turn singles and plate light. He even includes color instructions. His seller name is 3679larry; he has 100% feed back and only makes them for the FZ6. Just my 2 cents. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-0...torcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_631wt_1598

Last edited:

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
seriously? people voted for "dont ruin your bike" ???? For all those that voted that way...get in here and explain how a FE ruins the bike.