Fender eliminator broke - not good

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
Went on a 45 minute ride. Not sure when it happened could have even been before I left but got to where I was going and FE was hanging. Most of the ride was highways and at one point a bus flashed me but had no idea why. Well now I have a mangled plate, messed up rear tire, none of my turn signals work front or back and no rear tail light (only brake light) [emoji25] This was one of the originals custom made by a member here (cant recall the name now) but until now 2007 on held up just fine. No idea if someone broke it or it just cracked...

Any chance someone has one for sale?

Also gonna need new turn signals all around (fronts are messed up anyways) - any recommendations?

f04a35751c1cffa6371d55593ca903af.jpg

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking at the tag, its very obvious the rear tire caught the tag and pulled it forward.

See the tire marks at the lower center of the tag? That's the tire grabbing the tag, pulling it forward untill it busted off the rest..

You hit a good bump, the tag and tire met :thumbdown:

What ever you replace it with, make sure the tag clears the tire when the suspension is exercised....

There's a bunch of OEM units replaced with aftermarket. If you want to keep the OEM, maybe just shorten it up some (where it sticks down beyond the tag), you could probably get an entire unit for cheap....

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Your turn signals and running lights/license plate light run from the same fuse. Chances are the wiring was compromised, shorted the circuit and blew the fuse.

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool thanks for the replies. I doubt a big bump ive had it in for 9yrs and dont remember hitting any yesterday. I think that wear on the plate is from dragging it for a while at speed but who knows.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool thanks for the replies. I doubt a big bump ive had it in for 9yrs and dont remember hitting any yesterday. I think that wear on the plate is from dragging it for a while at speed but who knows.

No way...

Tire tracks/"rubber transfer" is dead smack center, just at the bottom of the the tag. It dragged there till the rest of the bracket finally gave up and came loose..

Bet you'll find wherever the plastic fender bolted to the bike, the plastic holes are either elongated(bolts pulled thru), or torn (again, bolts pulled thru)

Physical evidence don't lie!

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That part of the tag once broke off got stuck between the fender and tire no doubt.

Where is 99% of the tire damage? Dead center, bottom of the tag, where the tire grabbed it..