Feel Like something is in my tire at slow speed.

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
Yesterday, I put around 100 miles on my bike. While doing so, I notice at slow speeds (decelerating from maybe 30-0 mph) feels like something was in my tire. I could hear and feel a faint popping sound and I could feel it in my peddles more than I could hear it. I alternated breaks and seemed to do it with or without breaks and didn't matter if I used front or rear only happened while slowing down. Only happens during deceleration and not while acceleration. Loose Chain cause this? Motor, rpm's, shifting, all seem normal. I checked my tires and they appear to be normal and pressure it good. Chain, to be honest, I don't know how to check that one.

Any ideas? In advance, thanks....:)

Thanks,

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you don't test positive for sticking link (it stays kinked while others flatten out) past the rear sprocket, I'd roll each of the tires through looking and feeling with your hand for imperfections in the tires contact patch. Sometimes defects go past the eye but can be felt with your hand.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Is there anything stuck in your rotors or calipers?

Sent from my Pocket Rocket with Tapatalk

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the things to check. Still haven't found it. Maybe try a little more diagnosing tomorrow.

Any thoughts or ideas, please keep them coming.

DeusEx

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a shot chain to me.
Try this:
Check your chain freeplay with the sidestand down.
Then rollthe bike a few steps forward, get the sidestand down and check the freeplay again.
Repeat again and again until the whole chain is checked.

If you notice that the chain is stiffer-has less freeplay in a certain position, than in the other position checked then this is whats causing it