FedEx delivers

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
UPS don't do much better; hope this wasn't a camera lens!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgAq_KnDIPc&feature=player_embedded]UPS "Special" Delivery - YouTube[/ame]

:rolleyes:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And people want to close the Post Office and let UPS and others deliver the mail...right...

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Saw that video of the FedEx guy earlier today on BBG TV and had to laugh. What a joke! I had a package get stolen from my front doorstep last week because the DHL driver was too lazy to stick around for a signature or leave a note. He just left it out front and someone swipped it.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Saw that video of the FedEx guy earlier today on BBG TV and had to laugh. What a joke! I had a package get stolen from my front doorstep last week because the DHL driver was too lazy to stick around for a signature or leave a note. He just left it out front and someone swipped it.

Depends on how it's shipped. Just because you use FedEx, UPS or whatever doesn't mean they require a signature. There are options that is given to the shipper whether you require a signature or not. For the ones with no signature, yes they leave it at your front door and you are taking a risk getting it lost or stolen. For those who insist on a signature, and there is nobody available at that address to sign, they will leave a note for you to come by and pick the package up or they will reattempt to deliver the package the next day.

I can understand the frustration the driver may have for gated residences, but to toss it over the fence is unexusable. You have to show some professionalism.

As a person who deals with FedEx on a dalily basis at work, this courier needs to be fired ASAP!

Just like any profession, you will encounter some bad apples.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am very lucky and have some awesome fedex and ups drivers where I live. They walk up and if no signature is required they open my glass door and put it between it and my solid storm door so it stays dry and if it wont fit there, my garage sits back from the front of my house forming a corner and there is a gutter so my packages stay dry as possible and there is a bush in front of it so you can't see it from the road. Plus they ring the door bell :thumbup:

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
Here in my country no courier will leave a package in your front door, simply because it will get stolen :D, so in some cases a signature is required in some other cases not, anyway the package needs to be always received by someone.

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
You think this happens only on the delivery front?? Your package changes hands many times in its journey......stuff gets dropped, crushed, thrown and generally abused all along the way, yet it usually arrives in good shape. If it is well packed it will be fine. I'm more worried about theft within the system.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You think this happens only on the delivery front?? Your package changes hands many times in its journey......stuff gets dropped, crushed, thrown and generally abused all along the way, yet it usually arrives in good shape. If it is well packed it will be fine. I'm more worried about theft within the system.

This is correct. A fragile sticker only applies to packages when handled by human hands. It still rides and flies the sameway, and goes on the same conveyer system as the package that is not marked fragile.

We all know what goes behind closed doors, just the sameway when you see your luggage disspear when you check them in at the airport. I have been told by our FedEx Ground driver that they are not to toss, throw or even slide a box across the floor of the warehouse or truck or they will be reprimanded. They make every effort to ensure that the box arrives uncrushed.

jresch10

Sarcastic American
Reaction score
Visit site
Once when my daughter was around 4 years old, the doorbell rang and she followed her mom to the door and there was no one there, Just a box left by UPS and my daughter said: "The box rang the doorbell?" :D

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
At work our delivery drivers ups and fedex have both delivered stuff that had been speared by fork lifts and just throw stuff off the truck onto there dolly. At home my ups driver wont even ring the doorbell anymore he left my $1000 tv and my brothers laptop sit on the front porch in the manufacturers box. Lucky I live in a good neighborhood and was home at the time.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've always had deliveries at dropped off inside my screened entry way.

USPS seems to do the least amount of damage to the box, UPS seems to like to empty their trucks by dropping items from the deck to the ground.

All in all, its pretty sad these guys are lucky enough to have a job but don't give a s... about someone else's property/work ethic... :(

If I know a delivery is coming (tracking), I try to be about as the delivery guys usually come around the same time on their route... If the box is torn up, I'll refuse it and have them take it back....

Last edited:

sniff6

Be nice i am
Reaction score
Visit site
In the uk its common for delivery drivers to pop a sorry you were out card,even when you are in!!!!Although this does not happen to me very often if im honest.:rolleyes:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
we've had quite a few parcels thrown/carefully placed over the fence. luckily nothing has been damaged, though it could explain why a radiator we got delivered sprung a leak