Federal Highway Admin. Motorcycle Survey

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
FYI. From the AMA.
Annual Motorcyclist Advisory Council survey launched. The Motorcyclist Advisory Council (MAC) to the Federal Highway Administration has made recommendations to U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood and his predecessors on various topics, including items for the federal highway appropriations bill and encouraging the use of motorcycles as a form of congestion relief. Of special significance was the creation and approval of the yearly Motorcyclist Road Conditions Survey.

The purpose of the survey is to better communicate to the MAC, road construction engineers, and transportation safety officials the specific needs of motorcyclists that should be considered when developing new roadways or altering existing routes.

Will spread the word. Thx for the info Vegas :thumbup:

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
Done, and added a note about the oil build up in the center of the toll booth area. When I first got my FZ6 I made the mistake of being in the center of the lane and fishtailed like crazy when pulling out. I checked my bike when I got home and found lots of oil sprayed underneath. Now I always pull up very close to the booth and stay clear of the center.

Tim

geetarhero

Reaction score
Visit site
Done, and added a note about the oil build up in the center of the toll booth area. When I first got my FZ6 I made the mistake of being in the center of the lane and fishtailed like crazy when pulling out. I checked my bike when I got home and found lots of oil sprayed underneath. Now I always pull up very close to the booth and stay clear of the center.

Tim

Ive never understood this, do people in the states often have oil leaking cars?
I often ride, park, wait and just about anything else in this so called "oily center" in most of the cities in canada ive been to, even during the beginning of a rain and ive never seen any traces of oil or run into an issue... yet every MC magazine, learners program or basic safety program claims this to be a HUGE thing
is this fairly common below the border?

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ive never understood this, do people in the states often have oil leaking cars?
I often ride, park, wait and just about anything else in this so called "oily center" in most of the cities in canada ive been to, even during the beginning of a rain and ive never seen any traces of oil or run into an issue... yet every MC magazine, learners program or basic safety program claims this to be a HUGE thing
is this fairly common below the border?

Yes it is a problem. I work at a financial institution, and the oil slicks in the drive up lanes are pretty impressive. Leaky vehicles seem to be everywhere (at least here in WI).

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
I wonder if anyone in the world thinks that the paint/striping on roads provide adequate traction (especially when wet)?:confused: