FAZR6 Fender Eliminator & Scorpion Pipes

riderlak1

Reaction score
Visit site
So I just ordered the Larry3679 or FAZR6 Fender eliminator kit. I also have a set of scorpion carbon oval pipes.

My question is this......you know that little black piece of plastic that goes down vertically from below the tail light (between the mufflers)....and used to hook up between the fender eliminator and license plate light?

What did you guys do with that piece of plastic? I installed the FE kit on the proper location, which is farther towards the front of the bike. I just can't figure out what to do with the little plastic piece now. I like how it looks, and I hate to cut it. My exhaust came with a bracket for it when using the stock fender, but like I said, that thing is gone and the new FE kit is what is installed now. It seems to be hitting the plate light now, and I can't figure out how it should be stabilized so its not flapping in the wind! HAHA

Any if you guys that can lend some help would be great! And any pics would be super great!

Hopefully I am explaining this well enough, if not let me know and Ill try again! Thanks guys!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
6e170648-9408-8ad5.jpg
how you going?
I just used two black zip ties and ran them to the outer edge of the Gap? and then through the metal bracket. Was going to put a srew in and thought the zips were pretty unnoticable.
I'll try to get a pic on my phone and post it via tapatalk to this thread in about 15 minutes or so, if not it'll have to wait til I log on later tonight or tom. when I get back to work.
btw I am still running the std exhaust

best ade

Last edited:

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
I have one of the first FAZR6 FE kits on my 2004 FZ6, and if we're talking about the same plastic thing, I still haven't figured out what to do with it....

I had it wedged in there for a while, but it was rubbing and would un-wedge, rubbing the other way. I eventually zip tied it, but one of the zipties apparently came lose this year, and I had to put in new zip ties.

riderlak1

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I got it figured out.

I removed the scorpion bracket for the STOCK fender eliminator. I ended up trimming the bottom of the black plastic that went between the mufflers, and drilled and screwed it into the bottom of the plate light. I know on paper it sounds stupid, but it looks great and works to get it very solid!

Hopefully a picture will help!

Judd

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, found this older thread when searching for help with the same problem. I mounted scorpion factory ovals and am using the FAZR6 FE kit (from Larry on Ebay). The install was easy enough but the black plastic fish tail that goes between the cans was just sort of dangling there and wanted a way to secure it.

Here's is what I did:

1. Removed the tag light fixture from the black plastic housing.
2. Drilled a couple small holes up through the top of the light housing and continued on through the bottom of the fish tail.
3. Fed a black zip tie through the four holes and snugged down tight.
4. Reinstall the light fixture.

Now the fish tail lands just on top of the tag light housing but everything is secured and nothing is loose or dangling in the wind.

Thanks to all the guys who take the time to post tons of helpful info on this forum and hope this might help someone else out too.

Oh and btw, the scorps with the db killers out sound bad ass. Real glad I did the mod.