Fazer 600 09' Baffle removal?

hyperkiller

Speed demon
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys
New to the forum and was wondering if there is any way to remove the baffle out my Yam Fazer 600 s2 2009 ?
Under seat exhausts.
Iv known people to take their baffles out their stock exhausts but it involves forcing the baffle out with a hammer?

Any one have any tips on this or how i can go about this, or is this not advisable?

Cheers guys:BLAA:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes it can be done but you have to cut the muffler open to remove the baffles then weld it back together

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
so it will probably be cheaper and easier to buy some new cans?
Cheers

Not really if you dont have a way to do it yourself a fab shop or muffler shop would probably charge between $100 to $200 vs spending $500 to $1200 for a aftermarket exhaust. But that decision is.totally up to you but gutting your stock muffler is way cheeper. I did mine myself and then ended up making my own cans and i have less than $100 in it

hyperkiller

Speed demon
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the advice!. Seen some cans on ebay for about £350 and planning to buy a tailtidy with that comes up to £410 im lazy and dont know anyone with a welding kit :)
thanks for the advice

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
No you wouldn't. The stock can isn't marked Not For Road Use, and provided the tester doesn't think it unreasonably loud (know any bike-friendly test stations?) it'll pass :thumbup:

Not to mention once they are gone thats it theres no.going back