Fast Blinking Signals

06fz6green

Reaction score
Visit site
I just converted my bike to a naked and since ihave the signals have been blinking fast. They will start out blinking normal and then all the sudden start blinking fast out of no where. I did go from the three wire signal to a two but i didn't think that would cause any problem. Have any of you seen this happen. Thanks in advance for your help.

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know much about electrical gremlins but I think that usually when your signals are blinking too fast it either means that you could put a small resistor in-line to slow it down a bit or the relay is too small and therefore blinking faster.

There are many other people on here who will have comments with a lot more knowledge than I have on this subject but I'm fairly confident that that may be a direction to go toward. Good luck :thumbup:

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
You can buy an electronic box of trickery to slow down the blink rate.Or do it the hard way,like I've just done after converting to LED's and put in-line 6 ohm,50W load resistors on each indicator.(Bleeding nuisance) :rolleyes:

I got mine off E Bay. 8 quid for the 4,with the fixings :thumbup:

alanrim

Reaction score
Visit site
Assuming you haven't got LED indicators then I would suspect a loose connection.

If you have LED indicators get an electronic indicator flasher.

06fz6green

Reaction score
Visit site
I checked all of the connections and they seem fine. Sometimes they will blink normal for as long as 10 seconds and then start blinking fast. Then the next time they will blink fast all the time. They aren't led but if it were a different bulb would that make a difference? I also only ran one of the hot wires for the running lights to the one on my new headlight because there is only one running light. I didnt think this would matter, what do you guys think.